This position is responsible for administrative and clinical duties delegated by the medical and nursing staff. The Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting physician with patient care. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, routine clinical and administrative duties as needed to meet the needs of the practice to which it is assigned. The duties of the Medical Assistant vary from office to office based on size and specialty of the practice.
Department: Rochelle Park Medical
Location: Englewood, NJ
Status: Part Time
Hours: 8:00A - 4:30P
- Minimum of two years of clinical experience in a medical office.
- Knowledge of medical practice and care to assist in giving patient care.
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic, and treatment room procedures.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Skill in assisting in a variety of treatments and medications as directed.
- Skill in taking vital signs.
- Skill in maintaining medical records and recording test results.
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications.
- Knowledge of health care administration principles.
- Skill in gathering, analyzing and interpreting information.
- Skill in written and verbal communication.
- Ability to exercise initiative, problem-solving, and decision-making.
- Ability to apply policies and principles to solve everyday problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to work effectively with patients, staff, and the public.
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities.
- High School Graduate or equivalent or a minimum of 5 years full-time experience in a related field at a healthcare setting.
- Graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants.
- Current CPR Certification.
***COVID Vaccination Requirement***
Englewood Health requires all newly hired team members to provide either (a) documentation of Covid-19 vaccination, or (b) documentation of receipt of Covid-19 vaccination dose #1 prior to hire date, and to complete the series within the prescribed schedule for the particular vaccination. If pursuant to option (b), a candidate is not fully vaccinated prior to their first day of work, documentation must be presented upon completion of the series as a condition of employment. A pre-employment candidate may request an exemption due to the candidate's bona fide religious belief or disability, and any offer of employment will be conditioned upon approval of the request.
Englewood Health is one of New Jersey's leading hospitals and healthcare networks. Composed of Englewood Hospital, the Englewood Health Physician Network, and the Englewood Health Foundation, the health system delivers nationally recognized care in a community setting to residents of northern New Jersey, New York, and beyond. The hospital, founded in 1890, consistently earns high marks for clinical excellence and patient safety. Englewood Hospital holds the Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade ‘A' and is nationally recognized for nursing excellence, earning a fifth consecutive designation by the Magnet Recognition Program® in 2021. Areas of clinical excellence include cardiac surgery and cardiac care, cancer care, orthopedic surgery, spine surgery, vascular surgery, and women's health, as well as bloodless medicine and surgery. Englewood Health is an affiliate of Hackensack Meridian Health.
Apply on company website