As an Engineer you will assist our sales force with technical expertise for the design of fluid power systems and customer system integrations. This includes preparing hydraulic schematics, test procedures and recommend components. You will provide integral project management for these systems.
- Provide technical drawings and schematics of fluid power systems.
- Review drawings, plans and other customer documents in order to prepare detailed technical proposals involving products and services offered.
- Propose changes in equipment, processes or use of materials, which would result in cost reduction or operational improvements for the customer.
- Provide technical services to customers relating the use, operation and maintenance of products represented.
- Develop business relationships with engineers and other professional and technical personnel at commercial, industrial and other establishments to create solutions that incorporate our products and systems.
- Maintain professional working contact with key suppliers of products sold.
- Coordinate projects with branch personnel, including sales and shop associates.
- Travel to customer locations occasionally required.
- Mechanical hands-on assistance may be required on occasion.
- Degree in engineering, mechanical preferred
- Working knowledge of DesignCAD or SolidWorks
- 1+ years technical design knowledge of fluid power- primarily Hydraulics
- Ability to read / understand technical drawings.
- Fluid Power schematic experience
- Fluid Power Industry experience
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Listening, negotiating, and effective questioning skills.
- Ability and desire to quickly learn new processes and systems.
- Organization skills, detailed oriented and written communication skills.
- PC proficiency with Word, Excel and other Office applications
- Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously
As the world's largest fluid power distributor, the Applied Fluid Power® network of companies provide dedicated fluid power support and custom designed solutions that meet customer performance goals and keep industry running. Capabilities include system integration, manifold design, machining and assembly, electronic controls, fabrication, fluid filtration, programming, high speed hose assembly, engineering, repair services, and more. Additionally, Applied Fluid Power® has one of the largest teams of Certified Fluid Power Specialists, Certified Electronic Control Specialists and Certified Fluid Power Mechanics to assist with problem solving, system building, troubleshooting, and other custom requirements.
Applied Fluid Power® is a part of Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT), a leading value-added distributor and technical solutions provider of industrial motion, fluid power, flow control, automation technologies, and related maintenance supplies. Our leading brands, specialized services, and comprehensive knowledge serve MRO and OEM end users in virtually all industrial markets through our multi-channel capabilities that provide choice, convenience, and expertise.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to email@example.com or call 216-426-4389 to let us know the nature of your request.
Apply on company website