The staff accountant is responsible for timely and accurate financial reporting for EduServe Inc. within established deadlines.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares monthly and quarterly financial statements for multiple entities, which includes the following:
- Performs bank reconciliations
- Prepares and posts required journal entries
- Reviews & reconciles all balance sheet accounts
- Prepares summary of significant events and budget variances
- Prepares supporting documentation for financial statements including balance sheet schedules and other reconciliations
- Works closely with independent auditors during annual financial statement audit with preparing schedules and invoices, providing explanations of supporting materials and procedures, and preparing any other necessary
- Posts accounts to the General Ledger including but not limited to the following:
- Accounts Receivable
- Cash Receipts
- Accounts Payable
- Cash Disbursements
- Maintains records of all financial documents with appropriate supporting material; update records as
- Communicates with co-workers, management, clients, schools, and others in a courteous and professional
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and
- Provides support such as schedules, data, information, for the annual budget process.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the position and the mission of the company; supports company's goals and strategic
- Works and interacts with staff and relates to individuals at all levels of the organization; relates to individuals at all levels. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the public image.
- Demonstrates ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple
- Prepares and analyzes complex financial reports, including writing report sections, integrating content, and formatting business
- Establishes a set of operating principles and routines; driving projects to completion, while insisting on highest level of
- Ability to consistently be at work, to arrive on time, to follow instructions, to respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and Strives to research, evaluate and implement best practices.
- Establishes excellent interpersonal skills between all constituents: being courteous, professional, and helpful; demonstrates high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrates excellent oral (including presentations), written, interpersonal (active listening), skills and ability in negotiating and influencing; great phone
- Good knowledge of company and departmental policies and
- Demonstrates knowledge of federal, state, and local requirements for K-12 schools and charter school law.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting or related field
- 1-3 years of experience in general accounting with demonstrated knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficiency in accounting software as well as Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the work environment characteristics listed below are representative of the environment the employee will encounter:
- Interior air-conditioned environment
- Noise level is usually quiet to moderate
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the Office Coordinator's job.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- No physical exertion
- Travel within or outside of
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with EduServe salary and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by EduServe Inc.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with EduServe's policy.
The EduServe Human Resources Department retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by Human Resources Department will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Apply on company website