DTE is one of the nation's largest diversified energy companies. Our electric and gas companies have fueled our customer's homes and Michigan's progress for more than a century. And as Michigan's largest source of renewable energy, we're creating a cleaner, healthier environment to power our future. We're also serving communities beyond Michigan, where our affiliated businesses offer renewable energy, emission control technologies, and energy services to industries in 19 states.
But we're more than a leading energy company... and working at DTE is more than just a job. At DTE, we take great care of each other and our customers, and we use our energy to be a force for growth and prosperity in our communities. When you join us, you'll be part of a team that welcomes, recognizes, and celebrates differences and values everyone's health, safety, and wellbeing. Are you ready to make that kind of difference? Bring your energy to DTE. Together, we can achieve great things.
Testing Required: Not Applicable
Ensures safety, specifications, and quality for fleet vehicles and equipment. Oversees engineering applications related to vehicle specifications (e.g., manufacturer, regulatory, corporate) and risk analysis. Works with vendor partners and internal customers to assess technical specifications relative to new vehicles and any required modifications to existing fleet assets. Provides oversight of vehicle and equipment safety-related issues, including the determination of field defects, identification of resolution, and required reporting to leadership. Span of control: 0; individual contributor.Key Accountabilities
- Oversees quality control processes to ensure new fleet assets are delivered to specifications and quality requirements
- Determines vehicle design and specifications based on business need (e.g., weight capacity, upfit/placement, technology, etc.)
- Coordinates retrofit/modification requests to maintain high level of standards and compliance with performance, productivity, environmental, and safety requirements
- Assesses and coordinates field defects to provide issue resolution for vehicles
- Addresses vehicle safety concerns and provides guidance for fleet technical questions/issues; provides resolution steps to correct all vehicle and equipment related safety issues including investigations and reporting
- Oversees vehicles, equipment and new technology pilot programs including testing, analysis and feasibility of full-scale implementation
- Supports vendor relationship and provides oversight for field training on new vehicles/assets for operators and mechanics
- Ensures assets meet government regulations and safety requirements (e.g., Department of Transportation, etc.)
This is a multi-track base requirement job; education and experience requirements can be satisfied through one of the following three options:
- High School diploma with 9 years of experience working with fleet specifications and administration in an industrial or commercial setting; OR
- Associates degree in an engineering or related field and 7 years of experience working with fleet specifications and administration in an industrial or commercial setting; OR
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field and 5 years of experience working with fleet specifications and administration in an industrial or commercial setting
- Experience with utility fleet specifications and medium-duty vehicles
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to coordinate deadlines and logistics to successfully lead work processes within an agreed upon time frame
- Ability to balance multiple demands from leaders, subordinates, and peers in a positive and even-handed manner and display calm demeanor under pressure
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
At DTE Energy, we are committed to providing an inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcome and a sense of belonging. We seek individuals with a heart for service, a passion to help our communities prosper, and ideas to help shape the future of energy. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Apply on company website