The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are one of the largest Fortune 500 diversified utilities in the United States with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America and a force for good in the communities we live and serve. We have businesses in 26 different states and are comprised of regulated utility and non-utility businesses. Our utility business provides electric and gas service to approximately 3 million customers. Our non-utility businesses include a diversified portfolio of energy related companies, ranging from gas storage and pipelines to renewable power development.
DTE Energy's utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
* Gallup Great Workplace Award for consecutive years
* Civic 50 Award for corporate citizenship excellence
* Indeed's annual “50 Best Places to Work” award for two years running
* Metropolitan Detroit's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
* J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
* Professional Women's Magazine/Black EOE Journal “Best of the Best”
* Computerworld's 100 Best Places to Work in IT
* Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
* Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Supervises projects/activities and staff engaged in the creation, planning, design, construction, and/or maintenance of structures, facilities, systems, processes, and/or components. Applies engineering standards/procedures and provides advice on issues with a given engineering discipline. Ensures that company engineering policies, standards and procedures are applied in the implementation of engineering activities and projects. Consults with management on standards and specifications within the assigned engineering discipline(s). Identifies and drives changes necessary to ensure continuous improvement and attainment of performance measures.Key Accountabilities
- Analyzes problems and issues encountered in the performance of engineering related activities; provides analyses and consultation to management, individuals, and business units within the organization.
- Ensures compliance with applicable industry regulations, codes, or standards and company rules and regulations for projects and activities. Established required standards and practices.
- Maintains awareness of industry issues through research and benchmarking; incorporates lessons learned into day-to-day engineering practice.
- Guides and leads continuous improvement commitment and efforts for designing processes, establishing quality standards and metrics, collecting, refining, adapting and communicating best practices, sharing knowledge, and implementing the use of advanced problem solving tools.
- Sets short-term goals and priorities; participates in the development of long-term goals. Motivates through leading by example and providing constructive feedback.
- Performs all duties in accordance with DTE Energy's safety rules, operating regulations and practices; reports unsafe conditions and practices.
- Performs or ensures the accomplishment of the following core supervisory functions for a given group: short-term planning, organizing, determining workload and delegating assignments, directing the performance of ongoing activities and/or special and ad-hoc assignments, staffing (employee selection, training/coaching, and performance management, initiating corrective or disciplinary actions, time entry), coordinating, reporting, and budgeting.
- Ensures compliance to all nuclear quality assurance (NQA) documentation and record keeping requirements, along with all nuclear security safeguards, NERC-CIP, critical digital asset and other Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) requirements.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Physics, or Mathematics and a minimum of 8 years of job relevant experience
Supervisor – Reactor Engineering positions must have a Bachelor's degree in engineering or the physical sciences, & 2-plus years of experience in such areas as reactor physics, core measurements, core heat transfer, and core physics testing programs.Other Qualifications
Preferred: Master's Degree in Engineering or job relevant discipline
- Must be able to maintain a position on the Fermi Emergency Response Organization ERO in support of the Radiological Emergency Response Plan RERP.
- Must be able to pass all phases of In-Processing including a background investigation, psychological screening, appropriate radiation worker/respiratory training and be medically certifiable drug and alcohol screen.
- Proficiency in computer applications relevant for field
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong continuous improvement and planning skills
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organization skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Apply on company website