DTE is one of the nation's largest diversified energy companies. Our electric and gas companies have fueled our customer's homes and Michigan's progress for more than a century. And as Michigan's largest source of renewable energy, we're creating a cleaner, healthier environment to power our future. We're also serving communities beyond Michigan, where our affiliated businesses offer renewable energy, emission control technologies, and energy services to industries in 19 states.
But we're more than a leading energy company... and working at DTE is more than just a job. At DTE, we take great care of each other and our customers, and we use our energy to be a force for growth and prosperity in our communities. When you join us, you'll be part of a team that welcomes, recognizes, and celebrates differences and values everyone's health, safety, and wellbeing. Are you ready to make that kind of difference? Bring your energy to DTE. Together, we can achieve great things.
Testing Required: Not Applicable
Manages multiple mid-size nuclear construction, security, engineering and facility projects from the scoping phase through the design, project implementation and closeout phases, within the nuclear engineering design constraints of safety, scope, quality, time, cost, Project Management Maturity Model requirements, while maintaining nuclear design configuration requirements. Provides leadership and work direction to key project team members for timely achievement of project goals and milestones. Reports project status to site leadership throughout the phases of the project.
Span of Control:
Provide scope oversight of supplemental workers and budget management of projects of low to high complexity. Ensures project deliverables and outcomes are completed on-time and within budget. This is an individual contributor role with no direct reports.
• Manages multiple multi-year nuclear construction, security, engineering and facility capital projects (depending on project complexity). Coordinates project activities including the scope of work, scheduling, estimating and engineering. Manages cost and schedule forecasting, scope, budget, quality and schedule change control.
• Manages projects, including alterations from the scoping phase through the design, project implementation and closeout phases. This is inclusive of managing project duration and schedules to fit into on-line divisional work windows and scheduled re-fueling outages.
• Manages communications, nuclear safety, Probabilistic Safety Assessment (PSA) risk, risk management, scope verification, and information distribution during project development & implementation; ensures compliance with safety, environmental, security, NERC-CIP, and nuclear regulatory requirements.
• Responsible for project expenditures, the procurement of nuclear equipment and materials; provides daily management of on-site activities, working with the general contractor or multiple contractors and service providers
• Coordinates with Supply Chain Management in conducting bid meetings and reviews, supplier selections and evaluations based on nuclear specific requirements, such as nuclear Q1, safeguards and critical digital assets; determines contracting strategy congruent with labor utilization strategies.
• Integrates project activities with project stakeholders. Interfaces with Fermi internal organizations, Institute of Nuclear Power Operators (INPO), Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), OEM, general contractors, building trades labor organizations/unions etc. and provides contract administration services for blanket orders or other subcontractors and vendors. Serves as contract administrator for project related contracts.
• Use interpersonal skills to cultivate positive relationships with team, customer, and other stakeholders in a matrix environment to facilitate successful project completion as well as identify opportunities for additional business growth.
• Identify, assess, and implement improvement or recovery opportunities, while completing the required nuclear outage milestone requirements, that will promote successful project delivery.
• Ensures compliance to all nuclear quality assurance (NQA) documentation and record keeping requirements, along with all nuclear security safeguards, NERC-CIP, critical digital asset and other Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) requirements.
This is a multi-track base requirement job; education and experience requirements can be satisfied through one of the following three options:
• Bachelor's Degree and six years of experience in mechanical, electrical or instrumentation and controls, engineering, project management or construction management, inclusive of three years of nuclear industry experience; OR
• Associate's Degree and eight years of experience in mechanical, electrical or instrumentation and controls, engineering, project management or construction management, inclusive of five years of nuclear industry experience; OR
• High School diploma or GED equivalent and ten years of experience in mechanical, electrical or instrumentation and controls, engineering, project management or construction management, inclusive of seven years of nuclear industry experience
• Bachelor's degree in construction management, business administration, engineering or a related field of study
• Project Management Certification (PMP)
• Nuclear power plant experience with a craft background or experience working with skilled trades
• Knowledge of nuclear regulatory requirements, standards and procedures
• Knowledge of Nuclear Security Safeguards and critical digital asset requirements
• Knowledge of NERC-CIP requirements, standards, and procedures
• Must be able to pass all phases of In-Processing including a background investigation, psychological screening, appropriate training, and be medically certifiable drug and alcohol screen
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize varying combinations of the competencies cited in this description, depending on the organization and role to which they're assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the right of any supervisory or management representative to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
At DTE Energy, we are committed to providing an inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcome and a sense of belonging. We seek individuals with a heart for service, a passion to help our communities prosper, and ideas to help shape the future of energy. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Apply on company website