The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are one of the largest Fortune 500 diversified utilities in the United States with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America and a force for good in the communities we live and serve. DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work including Indeed's annual “50 Best Places to Work”.
DTE Biomass Energy (DTEBE) develops, owns and operates landfill gas recovery systems throughout the United States. As a leader in landfill gas recovery, with more than 20 operating facilities stretching from New York to California, we have the proven capabilities to help provide communities with safe, environmentally sound energy. Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, DTE Biomass Energy is a wholly owned subsidiary of DTE Energy. DTEBE has an immediate opening at (the facility below).
Uwharrie Mountain Renewable Energy, LLC is a landfill gas to energy facility located in Mt. Gilead, NC. The facility utilizes a gas treatment system to fuel (6) CAT 3520 reciprocating engines with generators that each produce 1.6 MW/hr. of electricity.Job Summary
DTE Biomass Energy (DTEBE) develops, owns and operates landfill gas to energy recovery systems throughout the United States. As a leader in the industry, with more than 20 operating facilities stretching from New York to California, we have the proven capabilities to help provide communities with safe, environmentally sound energy. Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, DTE Biomass Energy (DTBE) is a wholly owned subsidiary of DTE Energy. DTEBE has an immediate opening at (the facility below).
Uwharrie Mountain Renewable Energy, LLC (UWH) is a landfill gas to electricity facility located in Mt. Gilead, North Carolina. The project has been selling power since 2014 and consists of (6) CAT 3520 reciprocating engines with generators that each produce 1.6 MW/hour of electricity.Key Accountabilities
- Facility Operations
- Operate facility as defined by various contractual obligations and detailed in the Plant's Operating Manual
- Perform minor plant repairs as required
- Investigate mechanical problems, recommend appropriate repair, replacement and enhancement
- Collect oil, water, wastewater, gas and air samples for analysis
- Collect Plant operating data and make adjustments to optimize flow as necessary
- Conducts day-to-day operation, maintenance and repair of the Plant
- Performs equipment inspections, testing and operational checks
- Maintain electronic facility logbook, highlighting activities and noteworthy events
- Record operating data and maintain operating records including weekly production reports
- Diagnose and correct adverse Plant conditions and malfunctions
- Perform routine buildings and grounds maintenance and repairs
- Maintain spare parts inventory and records
- Directs technical and logistical resources for all operations related activities
- Provides oversight to specialists supporting operations including gas processing equipment, machine repair and maintenance, energy efficiency, procurement, project management, and others
- Interfaces with partners, engineers, consultants and legal representatives as necessary
- Financial Operations
- Prepares operating and expense budgets
- Maintain filing system for drawings, instruction books and manuals
- Tracks operational performance; identifies trends and compares performance against benchmark data; provides technical and operational solutions to correct deficiencies
- Make periodic forecasts of expected annual production and operating expenses
- Monitors financial performance against budget expectation and takes corrective actions to meet expected results
- Provides periodic forecasts of expected performance against budget
- Safety & Environmental
- Promotes safe operating practices; assists with safety investigations; leads monthly safety meetings
- Promotes environmental stewardship and compliance with environmental regulations; assists with environmental investigations and responses as required
- Implement the facility's Safety Procedures Manual and Job Site Conduct Book
- Participate in monthly safety audits and inspections as identified in site safety manuals
- Directs recruiting, selection and hiring activities as necessary
- Promotes appropriate training and career/succession planning
- Supports employee engagement at the Plant coordinating with management to ensure employees understand clearly their roles and have the tools, training and resources necessary to perform to the best of their ability
- Establishes goals for operational staff and monitors performance
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in engineering, operations management or similar or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- At least five to seven years of experience with increasing responsibility in management roles in gas processing facilities, power generation, manufacturing or heavy industrial environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely communicate both verbally and in writing to internal and external audiences.
- Organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple simultaneous activities.
- Proven ability to take tasks, assignments and projects from start to completion largely self directed.
- Significant experience with budgets, operating plans, income statements and pro forma models.
- Thorough understanding of the financial impact of operational and maintenance decisions at a facility
- Proven ability to develop effective working relationships
- Ability to manage through the delegation to and empowerment of employees.
- Knowledge of contracts and the ability to work with complex contracts.
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively to operations and logistics problems in order to provide timely solutions.
- Ability to analyze data for key performance metrics and trends.
- Knowledge of regulatory processes
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and PowerPoint; familiarity with email, scheduling, commitment tracking, customer relations and time reporting software.
- Possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted state driver's license.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands characterized here epitomize those that must be met by an employee to properly perform the integral functions of this job.
- Reasonable accomodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- In order to properly perform the integral functions of this job, the employee is routinely required to reach with hands or arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, feel and smell.
- Frequently the employee will be required to stand, walk, and sit. It is crucial to the outcome of job tasks that the employee is able to use hands and fingers to handle and manipulate object as well as to talk and hear.
- The employee in this classification will be required to frequently lift objects of up to 25 pounds in weight.
- Occasionally, the employee will have to lift or move objects of up to 50 pounds in weight.
- Vision requirements for this position include close, distance and peripheral vision, along with depth perception.
- WORKING CONDITIONS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions, including wet and/or humid conditions, and extreme cold and/or heat.
- The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and/or machinery.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Most work is within or within the vicinity of a landfill gas processing facility. May operate a motor vehicle and/or ATV style off road vehicle on unimproved terrain.
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Apply on company website