The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are one of the largest Fortune 500 diversified utilities in the United States with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America and a force for good in the communities we live and serve. DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work including Indeed's annual “50 Best Places to Work”.
DTE Biomass Energy (DTEBE) develops, owns and operates landfill gas recovery systems throughout the United States. As a leader in landfill gas recovery, with more than 20 operating facilities stretching from New York to California, we have the proven capabilities to help provide communities with safe, environmentally sound energy. Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, DTE Biomass Energy is a wholly owned subsidiary of DTE Energy. DTEBE has an immediate opening at (the facility below).
Fort Bend Power Producers, LLC. is a landfill gas to renewable natural gas (RNG) processing facility that utilizes landfill gas in Needville, TX. The facility has an 8.0 MMCFD LFG processing plant consisting (2) blowers, (2) Ingersoll Rand reciprocating gas compressors, (1) Worthington reciprocating gas compressor and (2) new Vilter Screw Compressors installed in 2018. The plant has gas treatment equipment to remove H2S, Oxygen, water and CO2.
• This position is responsible for the daily operations, routine maintenance and repair of a landfill gas collection and processing facility.
• Work is performed under indirect supervision with work results evaluated against achievement of set production and spending goals while adhering to policies, procedures and professional conduct always using safe practices in an environmentally responsible matter.
• Direct the daily activities of the Gas Recovery Technicians under the guidance of the Facility Manager
• Identify, design and implement creative solutions to increase gas collection. Work through CI to manage collection efficacy, surface emissions and penetration emissions throughout the host landfill(s)
• Efficiently make un-planned repairs to restore operational capacity of the gas collections system with support of the Gas Recovery Technicians assigned to the affected facility. Unplanned maintenance may require attention at any hour of the day, including weekends and holidays
• Ensure compliance with SEM scans and penetration monitoring. Identify, design and implement creative solutions to ensure 0 exceedances
• Plan and execute expansion projects in support of the Gas Collection Control System. Supervise, assist and direct the work of contractors on-site in the performance of repairs and expansion projects
• Responsible for the administrative records to include logbook, As-built drawings, instruction manuals, spare parts inventory and regulatory records.
• Perform training of new hire Gas Recovery Technicians for proper gas reads, tuning and repairs in the wellfield
• Conduct day-to-day operation, maintenance and repair of a landfill gas (LFG) collection system and LFG delivery pipeline
• Perform equipment inspections and collect samples of LFG wells and gas collection system and adjust optimize gas collection as necessary
• Adhere to company and project specific health and safety requirements, participate in monthly safety audits and inspections
• Routinely operate a motor vehicle and/or off-road vehicle on undeveloped terrain
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 3 years' experience with a LFG collection system or equivalent work experience
• Possess a valid driver's license and have a good driving record
• Advanced knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic and instrument systems including equipment such pumps, gas analyzers and rolling equipment operation.
• Ability to analyze problems, develop solutions and recommend sound alternatives
• Ability to work overtime including call outs outside of normal business hours, weekends and holidays
• Computer skills and proficiency with MS Office applications
• Previous military experience
• A technical degree or certificate in a mechanical field
• Experience with HPDE fusion welding equipment.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The following physical demands must be met by an employee to properly perform the integral functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Successfully complete pre-employment physical including ability to utilize respiratory protection and all other safety requirements, drug screen and background check
• Must be able to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls due to regular exposure to moving mechanical parts and/or machinery
• Must be able to reach with hands and arms, and to hold objects
• Must be able to sit, stand or walk for 8 to 14-hour shifts, including walking long distances, up and down stairs and on uneven ground
• Must be able to work in or outdoors during all seasons including wet and/or humid conditions, and extreme cold and/or heat
• Must be able to hear conversations (in person or via 2-way radio) in noisy environments
• Must be able to frequently lift objects up to 50 pounds
• Vision requirements for this position include close, distance and peripheral vision, along with depth perception
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
• Most work is within the vicinity of a municipal solid waste disposal facility
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by law.
Apply on company website