DTE is one of the nation's largest diversified energy companies. Our electric and gas companies have fueled our customer's homes and Michigan's progress for more than a century. And as Michigan's largest source of renewable energy, we're creating a cleaner, healthier environment to power our future. We're also serving communities beyond Michigan, where our affiliated businesses offer renewable energy, emission control technologies, and energy services to industries in 19 states.
But we're more than a leading energy company... and working at DTE is more than just a job. At DTE, we take great care of each other and our customers, and we use our energy to be a force for growth and prosperity in our communities. When you join us, you'll be part of a team that welcomes, recognizes, and celebrates differences and values everyone's health, safety, and wellbeing. Are you ready to make that kind of difference? Bring your energy to DTE. Together, we can achieve great things.
Testing Required: EEI CAST Test
- Under indirect and intermittent supervision of Facilities Supervisor maintains the electrical, mechanical, electronic and hydraulic features of such equipment as elevators, cranes, door mechanisms, electronically controlled material transport systems, etc. throughout the company. Works with another maintenance man and occasionally directs the work of an apprentice. Drives a car or truck as needed to carry out duties.
- Must perform normal duties of Journeyman-Crane and Elevator.
- Act as a specialist in overseeing elevator service, maintenance, alteration, repair, and modernization work.
- Establish and monitor elevator maintenance and inspection standards and practices.
- Evaluate elevator performance concerns and recommend corrective action.
- Audit elevator inventory/data.
- Monitor elevator alterations, modifications, repair, and modernization work.
- Audit records for elevator service, maintenance, testing, repair, trouble history, and violation correction reports.
- Determine elevator maintenance and inspection frequencies within code limitations and audit.
- Investigate recurring problems and recommend solutions. 9 Provide guidance in the development of projects and specifications.
- Follow field construction of elevator projects. Inspect for compliance with codes, specifications, and plans.
- Investigate complaints by customer organizations or problems related to the maintenance, operation or control of elevator equipment.
- Keep abreast of new developments, methods, materials, equipment, procedures, applications and industry practices related to elevator work.
- Maintain current elevator code reference manuals.
- Act as Company liaison with city and state Elevator Safety and Regulatory agencies.
- Ensure elevator code compliance for service, maintenance, repair, inspection, and testing.
- Report personal injury accidents or damage to elevator equipment to city or state elevator authorities.
- Coordinate decommissioning procedures for units removed from service.
- Monitor timely compliance with violations cited by City and state inspectors. Submit reports to city, state, and DTE ElectricÆs Legal Department.
- Obtain city and state permits as required for elevator alteration work.
- Assist in writing specifications for new units, modernization, alterations, and service/maintenance contracts.
- Provide input with other organizational units and Supply Chain to evaluate contractors and bids for elevator work.
- Recommend training programs related to elevator work.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Possess State of Michigan Class A Elevator and /or City of Detroit Elevator Journeymans license OR be a fourth year apprentice and able to obtain a State of Michigan (Class A) and City of Detroit Elevator Journeymans license within 12 months of hire.
- If a Detroit City licensed journeyman without the state of Michigan license or State of Michigan licensed Journeyman without City of Detroit license the journeyman must obtain the missing license within 1 year of hire.
- Must have some basic computer skills.
- Must have ability to deal effectively with contractors, customers, engineers, general foremen, general building supervisors, office managers, City and state Elevator Safety Divisions, etc
At DTE Energy, we are committed to providing an inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcome and a sense of belonging. We seek individuals with a heart for service, a passion to help our communities prosper, and ideas to help shape the future of energy. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Apply on company website