What's under the hood:
DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, we have more than 120+ dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation. Our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
That's Nice, But What's the Job?
In short, the Interior Cosmetic Associate includes a variety of tasks that will overhaul, rebuild, and renovate the vehicle to bring the condition of the interior back to a presentable condition.
In long, our Cosmetic Associates are responsible for:
- Repairing interior surfaces of vehicles including but not limited to seats, carpets, steering wheels, doors, head liners, and cargo areas.
- Operate spray-dying equipment, power tools, fillers, stitching, sanding and work aids utilizing specific surface preparation and repair techniques.
- Mix dyes to specified color using formulas, color charts or matching premixed containers.
- Fill, sand, mask, blend, stitch, trim surfaces to match surrounding areas.
- Working with Inspection Center Management to repair or reject inventory based on estimated cost of repairs and/or the overall quality of the vehicle.
- Identifying and completing repairs effectively the first time, to minimize re-work and delays in production.
- Work in ways that decrease possibility of injury to yourself or other team members in the shop due to spills or other preventable hazardous conditions.
So, What's in our Candidate Inspection?
- Top of the “Line” communicator. Ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- Listeners…Not Hearers Seek to understand, do not hear to reply.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Timely. Being “fashionably late” is great outside the job, but on the job you'll need to adhere to regular and predictable attendance.
The Specifics - What do you need?
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Vocational/Technical degree or professional experience equivalent
- Valid driver's license, and insurable DMV required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- This role typically requires 5+ years of experience and the ability to work on all makes and models (Domestic, European and Asian brands)
- You must own your own tool set (Cali state laws do not require this so we will need to have a separate JD)
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren't slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- Sundays off. We're closed to give our employees valued time with family and friends.
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- No customers. You do, what you do best – fix cars and work as a team.
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within with over 1,000 employees promoted last year.
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Along the way, we provide plenty of opportunity to be creative and grow professionally in a fun, high-energy environment. Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of our background and drug screening process. DriveTime is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website