DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for Mental Health? Do you want to work for a leading healthcare organization? Come and join HCA‘s Nurse Residency Program!
Dominion Hospital is an HCA Healthcare facility, Joint Commission accredited, and licensed by the Virginia Department of Health. We are a freestanding mental healthcare facility, leading the northern Virginia region in short-term mental health services for adults 18 years old and older. Our team has helped our patients by decreasing anxiety symptoms by 36%, decreasing depression symptoms by 52%, and decreasing fatigue and/or loss of energy by 63% based on April- June 2019 Adult Unit admission and discharge scores on the Brief Psychiatric Rating Scale-Expanded and PHQ-9.
HCA StaRN Nurse Residency Program
StaRN stands for Specialty Training Apprenticeship for Registered Nurses. Our one year long program is specific to the unit you are hired into. This is a full-time, paid and benefited career choice that is designed to enhance your nursing skillsets and knowledge while simultaneously promoting your professional growth and development.
12 Week Orientation:
- 6 weeks in classroom setting to include a combination of self-study, and hands-on skills/simulations
- 6 weeks of preceptorship with a designated and trained preceptor
After orientation, throughout the remainder of your first year, you will participate in our Professional Development Residency for your ongoing support:
- We pair you with a designated mentor for extra support
- You will collaborate with your mentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (opportunity to gain recognition by facility and/or corporate level)
- Monthly resident seminars provide ongoing education to include Intro to Charge Nurse Education
- Monthly meetings with your nursing director to track your progress, successes, challenges, future goals, etc.
Start date: 7/12/2021
**Two year commitment required to unit and facility
Check us out and like us on Facebook!https://www.facebook.com/Dominion-Hospital-1115499911909888/
We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. We offer you an extensive total compensation and benefits package. In addition to job security and the reputability that comes with HCA, your benefits will include a competitive salary, 401k with 3-9% matching, paid time off, extended FMLA, four medical plan options, dental, flex spending, life, disability, employee discount programs, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment, and more.
Intrigued? Don't wait, apply today. We are actively reviewing applications for motivated new grads who will help us raise the bar in patient care. Be a part of an organization that invests in you. HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues and we are committed to providing you with the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We would love to speak with you about this fantastic opportunity.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school within the past 6 months
- Applicants may apply and be offered position prior to passing NCLEX exam
- Previous nursing support or service industry experience preferred
- Self-motivated and strong communication skills required
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website