Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47 states, and we're still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Identifies, collects, organizes, and analyzes information to resolve operational and overall employee performance. Develops measurement systems that identify areas for improvement. Leads management team in developing action plans for operational improvement. Assists in creating a strong work team and helps resolve employee relations issues.
- Conducts analysis of reports relating to sales, volume, payroll, employee turnover, monthly operational and capital expense budgets; prepares reports to communicate operational performance and overall performance of a shift.
- Identifies the shift performance indicators and utilizes the Productivity Improvement Plan process for each inbound or outbound function to determine areas of improvement; communicates action plans
- Guides shift management team in developing action plans for conducting internal analysis and identification of operational gaps.
- Reviews reports to determine required changes to meet future needs (i.e., week, month).
- Partners with management and non-management team to identify root causes for gaps using feedback from employee discussions and analyses of historical and future planning data reports.
- Identifies and communicates changing trends as identified through analysis; partners with team to develop a work environment that understands and responds to the need for change.
- Sets shift performance goals.
- Reviews budget on a monthly basis to determine shift adherence; assists in development of budget for shift functions.
- Works with Human Resources to determine appropriate methods to solve employee relations issues; demonstrates effective use of Dollar General Policies and procedures.
- Creates a strong distribution center work team by leading the process to eliminate operational barriers.
- Develops a positive, participative image in the community.
- Hires, develops and maintains a productive supervisor team via training and career development.
- Strong analytical and math skills; strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of specific individual operations within the distribution center.
- Planning and forecasting skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in order to write operational and overall performance reports as well as coordination with corporate offices and retail stores.
- Understanding of human resource practices and OSHA and FDA regulations.
- Ability to effectively monitor and develop team members to ensure smooth operation of the distribution center.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word; experienced with general software applications; familiarity with Warehouse Management System functionality.
- Advanced ability to communicate with employees at all levels (both verbal and written communications skills)
Work Experience and/or Education:
- Bachelor's degree preferred. Eight to ten years' experience in distribution, logistics, and management.
- Must be able to move around the distribution center for observation and to identify areas that require change.
- On Call 7 days a week 24 hours a day.
- May be exposed to extreme heat and cold, including freezers, coolers and refrigerators for extended periods of time.
Apply on company website