Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,979 stores in 46 states as of October 30, 2020. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Supervises the timely receipt, stocking, order filling, or shipment of merchandise. May supervise employees who operate rolling stock equipment and/or automated equipment.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reviews WMS reports; notifies WMS personnel regarding shutdowns or other WMS failures.
- Utilizes Standard Operating Procedures to resolve and correct problems; communicates issues to Inbound/Outbound Manager.
- Reviews reports to determine daily department staffing levels; reviews staffing plan with Inbound/Outbound Manager.
- Develops continuity in utilization of Labor Transfer pay program.
- Conducts weekly and monthly staffing review with Inbound/Outbound Manager.
- Partners with Training Department to monitor new employee development tracking.
- Plans daily production goals.
- Utilizes Productivity Improvement Plan process to identify improvement areas.
- Reviews quality measurements and reports status to Inbound/Outbound Manager.
- Maintains employee records on a daily basis.
- Supports safety programs to reduce or eliminate employee injuries.
- Conducts annual employee reviews and merit increase evaluations.
- Interviews and selects candidates for employment in partnership with Human Resources department.
- Performs counseling sessions and is empowered to dismiss employees in applicable situations.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Understanding of inventory accounting.
- Knowledge of specific inbound or outbound functions within the distribution center.
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated skills necessary to assist employees in conflict resolution and one-to-one communication.
- Good oral and written communication skills to include interviewing skills.
- Computer skills: warehouse management systems, Word, Excel, and payroll/personnel systems such as KRONOS.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Automated distribution center experience preferred.
- Two or more years of supervisory experience.
- Warehouse Management System (WMS) experience preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to physically move throughout the distribution center to monitor the flow of merchandise.
- Exposure to changing climatic conditions.
- Exposure to dust, lighting and noise.
- Some heavy lifting, bending, stooping, squatting, and kneeling may be required to assist employees when necessary.
- Exposure to dust and noise
- Exposure to extreme heat and cold, including freezers, coolers and refrigerators for long periods of time
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website