Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 17,266 stores in 46 states as of February 26, 2021. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Manages the day-to-day operations within the transportation team to ensure financial and service metrics are achieved:
- Works closely with internal customers to understand demand and volume forecasts to effectively deploy capacity, manage carriers and service providers to ensure performance goals.
- Responsible for coaching direct reports to recognize and resolve customer or carrier service issues. This will involve identifying root cause and providing guidance to the carrier and partners to ensure the issue is not repeated.
- Ensures team has robust knowledge of key transportation management systems, core performance and financial metrics.
- Responsible for developing critical internal and external relationships required to deliver against service and cost expectations.
Partner with process improvement, merchants, stores and supply chain on initiatives that deliver against Dollar General operating priorities:
- Manage special projects by developing project plans, timelines and communication protocols.
- Partner with internal and external entities to identify opportunities to reduce cost, drive speed and eliminate waste.
- Develop functional and support departmental strategies that support the company's growth and leveraging of transportation resources to improve margins.
Provide leadership and coaching to team members with a focus on the development of transportation talent:
- Identify strengths and development areas of direct reports and support individual growth plans that align with the needs of the team.
- Create and maintain environment that challenges team members to learn new skills and opportunities to gain broad functional experience.
- Drive performance culture tied to key operations and financial metrics to measure individual and team success.
- Hire, manage and conduct performance and development reviews of assigned team
- Broad general knowledge of transportation and skill set leading transportation operations and/or supply chain operations in a complex and fast-moving operating environment
- Must demonstrate strong communication and inter-personal skills to work effectively and lead both internal and external teams
- Proven business acumen and command of the financial components of transportation operation
- Possess a deep level of curiosity to understand the improvements required within the operation and take initiative to drive change
- Strong computer and analytical skills and the ability to develop reporting and metrics to ensure goals are being achieved
- Project management experience and able to lead cross-functional project teams as well as be a strong team player
- 30% travel expected
Bachelor's degree required. Degree in business administration, logistics or supply chain preferred. Requires a minimum of 7 years of work experience, at least three of which must have been in the transportation industry. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Apply on company website