Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,720 stores in 46 states as of July 31, 2020. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Serve as central point of contact for FP&A on Dollar General's strategic initiatives (large scale, return focused investments). Responsible for leveraging business acumen and financial modeling skillset to evaluate, update, and modify business cases for each initiative. Assists in preparation of both analysis and presentation materials related to those initiatives. Specifically support Fresh initiative financials and business case.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Specifically manage Fresh business model including incorporation of multiple business partners' individual forecasts, tracking actual performance, and leading project management around performance when necessary
- Coordinate with strategic initiative owners to update business cases that track performance of various initiatives against investment objectives & prepare materials for monthly update meetings & quarterly BOD meetings
- Work with FP&A counterparts to integrate strategic initiative forecasts into companywide long-term strategic planning model
- Assist in the development of business cases to evaluate potential investment opportunities
- Complete ad hoc analysis related to various strategic initiatives including but not limited to: forecasting, variance analysis, unit economic analysis, and risk adjustment scenarios
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to summarize data into reports/presentations for senior management
- Understanding of key “investment decision” concepts such as IRR, NPV, & ROI
- Financial modeling expertise
- Knowledge of GAAP with comprehensive understanding of the 3 financial statements
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and to be a self-starter in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Creative ability to access information from different sources and pull it together for analyses and presentations
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to thoroughly understand how decisions affect other areas of the company
- Advanced Excel proficiency with understanding of and ability to use Lookups, Pivot Tables, and Macros
- Advanced PowerPoint skills with ability to create professional presentations in a timely manner
Work Experience &/or Education:
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other quantitative field preferred. Minimum of 2 years of experience in financial analysis, including experience with financial modeling, IRR, NPV, and ROI analysis. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Apply on company website