Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47 states, and we're still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Responsible for the management of and training for the execution of store merchandising for new store, relocation and remodel projects.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plans and manages execution of new, relocating and remodel store fixture installation and merchandise setup (including management of outsource companies, and implementation of plan-o-grams, signage, etc).
- Evaluates and resolves issues, reacting under pressure and applying good judgment in ambiguous situations.
- Leverages resources and maintains tough expense control by maximizing performance and productivity of outsource companies and store staff to deliver on-time openings.
- Trains store staff (temporary and newly-hired) on appropriate merchandising processes.
- Develops and maintains strong internal corporate partnerships to ensure that all project goals are achieved. (Examples: transportation, advertising, distribution, merchandising, etc).
- Completes all reports and travel expenses accurately and timely.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
Strong knowledge of retail operations and merchandising systems
Strong interpersonal skills
Strong ability to meet deadlines
Exceptional attention to detail
Ability to read and implement plan-o-grams
Ability to work under very minimal supervision
Ability to travel consistently away from home two weeks at a time
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
High school education or equivalent required. Two to three years of retail experience required. Staff management experience required. Previous merchandise experience preferred.
Salary Target $46,380
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website