Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,979 stores in 46 states as of October 30, 2020. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
- Facilitate store operations field relationships at DVP, RD, DM, and store level in partnership with store operations and merchandising. Work with leadership in markets to resolve market issues quickly and effectively.
- Teach and coaches field leadership (Regional Directors, District Managers) on the importance of perishable store processes, driving perishable results
- Partners with field leadership, ensuring effective execution of perishables implementation and strategic objectives.
- Maximize the performance and productivity of field teams to execute on time delivery of all POG, pricing, inventory management and other perishable related activities.
- Partners with field teams in gathering information and conducting root cause analysis; collecting and interpreting data used for evaluation of processes and equipment; performing analysis and recommending changes to optimize productivity; and developing long-term improvement strategies that coincide with the goals of management.
- Ability to communicate effectively with large groups of employees and gain their trust
- Demonstrated ability to produce desired results through execution, influencing others, and ability to manage time and workload effectively
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills to consistently react appropriately under pressure, apply good judgment in ambiguous situations, and demonstrated flexibility/adaptability
- Ability to effectively work with others in cross-functional activities and objectives in a participative management style
- Strong verbal, written and technical communication abilities
- Exhibited leadership capabilities to influence others, train and develop field leaders to meet perishables company objectives
- Occasional handling of equipment (hand-held scanner, price guns, box cutters, rolltainers)
- Occasional and proper lifting of up to 55 pounds to unload fixture and merchandise trucks and stock shelves
- Extensive travel up to 4 nights per week
- Drives results by identifying opportunities to improve performance
- Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions
- Communicates effectively by providing clear and timely communication and demonstrating effective listening skills
- Demonstrates adaptability by adjusting to changing business priorities
- Ability to quickly identify potential drivers of emerging problems, root cause, and generate solutions
- Basic knowledge level in spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation skills
Work Experience and/or Education:
Bachelor's degree with 5+ years in retail experience in Field Operations; District Manager level or above, equivalent education and experience combination will be considered.
Apply on company website