Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,979 stores in 46 states as of October 30, 2020. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Oversees and directs the maintenance function (through a dotted-line relationship) in all distribution centers and trailer maintenance facilities. Responsible for management of such essential matters as fleet maintenance activities, safety, planning, scheduling, budgeting, procurement, contracting, training, fleet appearance and facilities management. Develops and communicates action plans for improvement and consistency among the operations. Ensures compliance with OSHA, EPA, DOT and Company policies and regulations.
- Monitors and evaluates the overall performance of high-speed sortation systems and equipment to ensure maximum performance is sustained.
- Works closely with maintenance managers and maintenance supervisors to coordinate preventative maintenance programs and schedules to eliminate operational downtime and reduce maintenance costs.
- Establish and implement disaster recovery plans for all D.C.'s.
- Identifies and manages department team assigned to respond to major catastrophes within the distribution center; prepares and updates contingency plans.
- Identifies maintenance department performance indicators and facilitate the implementation and communication of plans to track these indicators and make recommendations and develop plans for improvement.
- Manages the budget process for maintenance expenses in each DC.
- Collaborates with managers and develops action plans to meet current and future infrastructure and mechanical building/facility needs.
- Reviews maintenance department strategic goals and sets performance expectations.
- Represents distribution center in business relationships with outside vendors, contractors and other third parties.
- Monitors facility compliance to OSHA standards and maintains safety manual.
- Represents distribution center in working with OSHA, DEA, FDA, FCC, and the Department of Health.
- Analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to read blueprints, electrical, mechanical, and voice and data communication drawings, and various diagrams.
- Understanding of systems such as conveyors, high-speed sorters, graphical monitors, and rapid sort controllers.
- Working knowledge of security and fire protection systems.
- Comprehension of conveyor system sortation reports, fire protection and security alarm reports, capital variance reports, and OSHA requirements/logs.
- Thorough understanding of facility design and construction.
- Experience with transportation equipment maintenance and repair that includes trailers, yard trucks and rolling stock.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Computer skills: Current word processing and spreadsheet applications, autocad systems, programmable logic controllers, and maintenance control packages.
- Competency to develop the required skill set of the supervisor and technicians.
- Ability to work in various climatic conditions of extreme heat and cold.
- Walk long distances; sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Fast-paced environment.
- Exposure to noise and heights.
- Ability to travel on a regular basis
- Bachelors degree or equivalent amount of experience plus 8 to 10 years of progressive experience in maintenance management for distribution facilities; preferably in a high-volume, high-speed, automated retail environment.
Apply on company website