Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,720 stores in 46 states as of July 31, 2020. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Partners with assigned District Managers and Regional Directors to provide professional consultation in areas related to talent assessment, polices/procedures, succession planning, employee relations, and retention initiatives. Partners with centers of excellence and drives execution of enterprise wide initiatives such as performance management, diversity, and employee engagement. Assists the HR Director in the management of human capital strategy and metrics.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain ongoing succession planning management for assigned area of responsibility and ensure adequate staffing for store level positions.
- Provide direction to opportunity markets including frequent market visits and strategic action planning in partnership with field operations leaders.
- Support the performance management processes for all field management roles which include performance appraisals, SMART coaching/counseling, performance improvement plans, terminations, and other related areas.
- Responsible for the creation and execution of engagement strategies to promote retention.
- Manage the development programs for store management roles and drive training compliance for assigned divisions.
- Manage field employee relations in partnership with the Employee Relations department.
- Responsible for recruiting District Manager and Regional Loss Prevention Manager positions through internal development and external sourcing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of state and federal employment laws
- Ability to mediate between employees during conflict resolution
- Ability to achieve measurable results through collaboration and influence
- Exceptional planning, coordination, project management and implementation skills
- Advanced ability to communicate with employees at all levels (both verbal and written communication skills)
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Strong presentation skills
- Extensive knowledge of employee relations practices and investigation skills for employee relations cases.
Work Experience and/or Education:
- Bachelor's degree required – Graduate degree is a plus
- Proven track record of progressive HR leadership within an organization
- Ideal candidate will have extensive HR generalist experience to include strength in change management, leadership development, talent selection, employee relations, and management coaching
- PHR/SPHR a plus
Apply on company website