Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47 states, and we're still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Responsible for providing safety expertise, leveraging lean principles, and hierarchy of controls to ensure the safety of our team members. Develop and deliver safe processes through engineering and ergonomic solutions in partnership with key stakeholders. Assess performance, communicate to all levels of management, and ensure safety is incorporated into supply chain processes. Escalate and report critical issues, compliance gaps, and emerging risks to Director of Safety.
Identify trends and areas of risk within buildings and support operations in corrective measures. Continuously improve the safety culture through instruction and training of safety and operational leaders on safety programs. Receive direction from Director of Safety On Safety continuous improvement assessments and action plans. Responsible for assigned building action plan completion.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Review metrics and incident details daily/weekly, and monitor, train, and ensure accurate root cause and corrective measures.
- Coach, train, and review assigned building HICP, HOC/II, and root cause analysis.
- Ensure safety programs and rollouts are implemented. Monitor for execution and compliance. Assist with specialized safety program development and implementation.
- Utilize continuous improvement tools as appropriate to identify safety solutions for unique processes.
- Perform floor walks to interact with team, audit for compliance and execution of safety programs.
- Solicit feedback and identify benchmarking opportunities within the industry to identify tools, processes, systems, and equipment to reduce the risk of injury
- Responsible for having a thorough working knowledge of Federal and State OSHA regulations.
- Ensure safety processes are followed to maintain compliance with regulations.
- Support the development and follow up of any abatement plans due to safety-related citations.
- Responsible for ensuring that facility and equipment are clean and sanitary. This includes developing and implementing sanitation policies and procedures, supervising sanitation workers, and inspecting facilities to ensure compliance with sanitation standards. They are responsible for managing waste disposal and recycling programs and coordinating with other departments to ensure that sanitation needs are met. Additionally, they are responsible for maintaining all relevant sanitation records, monitoring inventory and ordering supplies, and ensuring that the sanitation team is properly trained and equipped to perform their duties.
- Responsible for overseeing the pest control and prevention program in the facility. This includes developing and implementing pest management plans, working with a 3rd party pest control service, inspecting grounds for signs of infestation, identifying and selecting appropriate methods for controlling pests, and monitoring the effectiveness of pest control measures.
- Work closely with other compliance partners, including industrial hygiene, environmental, and field compliance team to address team member health exposure issues related to safety enforcement activities
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Thorough working knowledge of Dollar General, Federal, and State OSHA regulations
- Industry expertise and proven leadership skills
- Proven problem solving, root-cause analysis, and critical thinking skills
- Excellent relationship building and collaboration
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Continuous improvement experience
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Four-year degree or equivalent of 3-5 years safety experience.
- Certified Safety Professional Certification desired
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to physically move throughout the distribution center to monitor the flow of merchandise.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website