Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 17,177 stores in 46 states as of January 29, 2021. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Provides administrative support to the distribution center receiving function.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Logs all drop shipment bills of lading.
- Runs receiving tickets and verify quantities.
- Tracks communication between checkers and merchandising department.
- Downloads completed receivers.
- Provides checkers with accurate paperwork.
- Checks in appointments and processes receiving documents.
- Schedules appointments to be delivered by vendors/carriers.
- Communicates with vendors regarding problems.
- Meets and maintains safety, quality and productivity standards.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Basic math and reading skills; ability to use a calculator.
- Communication skills to effectively communicate with distribution center staff, carriers, vendors and corporate offices.
- Intermediate computer skills; ability to use Warehouse Management System, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to utilize radio frequency technology and Cubiscan equipment.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with little supervision and make decisions.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Logistics experience preferred.
- Experience with warehouse management systems and Island Pacific Applications (or similar) preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Exposure to changing climatic conditions and extreme heat and cold.
- Exposure to dust, lighting, and noise.
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time; walking long distances.
- Bending, stooping, squatting, or kneeling on a repetitive basis.
- Fast-paced environment.
Apply on company website