Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 17,266 stores in 46 states as of February 26, 2021. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
The pOpshelf Department Manager ensures a clean, well-organized pOpshelf department while assisting the DG Market team in creating a customer first store culture through exceptional store standards and team engagement. In the absence of and at the direction of the Store Manager, the pOpshelf Merchandise Manager assists with supervision of store employees, management and presentation of pOpshelf department, completion of paperwork and preparation of deposits. The pOpshelf Merchandise Manager also performs stocking and cash register functions and performs other duties as necessary to maximize profitability and customer satisfaction while protecting company assets and reducing losses.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides superior customer service to exceed the customer's expectations; greets and assists customers, and operates cash register and scanner to itemize the customer's purchase.
- Assists the Store Manager in creating and supporting a customer first store culture.
- Model product knowledge and selling techniques to enhance the customer experience. Help facilitate and maintain a safe, clean and well-organized store environment that delights our customers and employees.
- Facilitates merchandising the store in a manner that is appealing to customers and retains customer excitement to shop at pOpshelf.
- With the assistance of Company merchandising guidelines, rotates product to create eye-catching displays to drive sales.
- Possess knowledge of and educate store team on pOpshelf products engage customers and provide a differentiated, easy, and fun shopping experience.
- Maintains daily and weekly cleaning checklists to provide a superior customer shopping experience.
- Ensures condense and reset standards are maintained consistently each day to provide a clutter free customer shopping experience.
- Opens and closes the store a minimum of two days per week.
- Assists the Store Manager with scheduling employees, providing adequate training for employees to ensure pOpshelf brand is upheld and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Follows company work processes to manage merchandise, including receiving, unpacking, stocking, restocking and rotating merchandise on shelves and building merchandise displays.
- Assists in maintaining accurate inventory levels by controlling damages, markdowns, scanning, paperwork, and facility controls.
- Assists in implementation and maintenance of plan-o-zones; ensures merchandise is presented according to established practices and Store Manager direction.
- Assists in ensuring financial integrity of the store through strict cash accountability, key control, adherences to company security practices and cash control procedures; authorize and sign for refunds and overrides, count register tills, and deposit money in bank.
- Assists customers in self-checkout process at multiple register terminals simultaneously.
- Assists with management of the store at the direction of and in the absence of the Store Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cash accountability and deposit control.
- Ability to perform cash register functions and operate other tools to generate reports. (e.g. HHT, self-checkout, store computer, etc.).
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices (deposits, store keys, etc.)..
- Effective interpersonal and oral & written communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
- Knowledge of and willingness to comply with company policies and procedures as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures manual, Employee Handbook, and company communications.
- Ability to develop and maintain organization and to attend to detail.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to interface with store associates, suppliers and customers in a respectful and effective manner.
- Strong product inventory knowledge and creative merchandising abilities.
- Ability to drive own vehicle to the bank to deposit money.
WORK EXPERIENCE &/OR EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent strongly preferred.
- One year of experience in a specialty retail environment preferred.
- Six months supervisory or team lead experience preferred.
- Frequent walking and standing.
- Frequent bending, stooping and kneeling to run check out station, stock merchandise and unload trucks.
- Frequent handling of merchandise and equipment such as hand-held scanners, pricing guns, box cutters, hoses, merchandise containers, two-wheel dollies, and U-boats (six-wheel carts).
- Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds; occasional lifting of up to 55 pounds.
- Occasional climbing using ladder.
- Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level.
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to hazardous cleaning solutions.
- Occasionally exposed to household and industrial cleaning solutions. Occasionally exposed to wet, slippery floor surfaces.
- May be exposed to extreme cold in freezers.
- Occasional or regular driving/providing own transportation to make bank deposits and assist in other locations as needed.
Apply on company website