Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 17,266 stores in 46 states as of February 26, 2021. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
- Execute and maintain all payroll logsheets, information, and program details needed to calculate wage payments for retail stores, distribution centers, private fleet, and store support center employees. Manage control totals for earnings and deductions, ACH payments, positive pay, and general ledger balances to company systems and third party providers. Utilize Microsoft Add-Ins, query wizards and templates to process and extract data with ability to perform necessary lookup functions within spreadsheets and databases to compare large amounts of data for balancing and troubleshooting.
- Audit payroll registers, report writers, and standard reports, determining and correcting out of balance conditions while researching and preparing informational reports for management as well as internal and external partners.
- Write, review and process reports and database applications for payroll processing activities and record keeping requirements. Ability to make recommendations and automate processes including wage and overtime payments, calculating and recording of payroll deductions, and processing termination pay. Maintain procedures for all wage payments and processing activities for business continuity and cross training purposes
- Answer and resolve payroll questions presented by phone, email, or case management system in a professional manner with accurate, timely, and concise information for employees, internal departments, management, and third party providers.
- Execute fact finding research and analysis for unclaimed wage payments, paid out activity and bank reconciliations, password resets for third party systems, SOX requirements, software application changes, and special projects as assigned.
§ Comprehensive understanding of payroll rules and regulations with ability to support company growth.
§ Capacity to multi task with close attention to detail
§ Good organizational, planning, and proactive prioritization skills to meet and maintain stringent deadlines.
§ Excellent customer service skills
§ Ability to handle confidential information.
§ Display proficiency interacting with Retail, DC, and SSC employees by obtaining relevant information to make appropriate decisions.
§ Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form
§ Skilled use of PC spreadsheet applications and Microsoft Office tools at an intermediate to advanced level.
§ Capacity to review and analyze data, interpret information, break down critical decision points, and effectively communicate challenges in a fast paced environment.
Work Experience and/or Education:
Bachelors or associates degree in business or related field preferred. One to three years of multi- state payroll experience required. Knowledge of all federal, state, and local payroll rules and regulations, including garnishments, fringe benefits, and payroll tax calculations. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Apply on company website