Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,720 stores in 46 states as of July 31, 2020. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Plans, installs, administers, and maintains operating systems software and related software products. Plans and coordinates or executes all activities related to systems access, security, availability and capacity across multiple platforms. Proactively administers and develops strategy for UNIX and Linux servers, enterprise storage arrays, and Storage Area Network (SAN) technology.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Architect, design, and build complex environments utilizing processor, memory, cache, storage, software and backup strategies.
- Administer system security, backup and recovery
- Design and implement configuration management
- Monitor and tune system performance
- Capacity planning
- Support development, testing and production system environments with the ability to trouble shoot and solve complex issues
- Install and maintain primary vendor and third-party software
- Plan, test, update, execute and support system disaster recovery process
- Administer user access to systems, or develop access strategies
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
Minimum required experience:
- 7+ years supporting production Linux environments with a focus on Red Hat. The role should be an SME in RHEL.
- 7+ years supporting common middle tier stacks: tomcat, apache, nginx, java, Python
- 5 years supporting platforms for enterprise databases: Oracle RAC, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- 3 years supporting open source platform tool(s): Puppet (required), Ansible (desired), Nagios (required), Foreman (desired), Git (required)
- 7+ years scripting language(s): bash (required), Perl (helpful), Python (desired)
- 7+ years exposure to network technologies/protocols: F5, DNS, IP routing, LDAP, AD
- 7+ year exposure to virtualization platforms: vSphere, RHV, oVirt
- AIX operating system (not virtualization platform, just OS)
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Technology, or equivalent. Degree is not required with extensive experience.
- Operating system administration training classes pertaining to a UNIX operating system.
- Certifications are preferred.
- Strong knowledge of UNIX and Linux system internals, operating systems and security concepts with a minimum of 7 years' experience.
- Large-scale server and data center experience required (experience with businesses similar in size and scope to Dollar General, or larger).
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website