Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 17,266 stores in 46 states as of February 26, 2021. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Manages and administers the overall quality and inventory control, flow, and accuracy processes for the perishable distribution center. Responsible for the analysis and publication of inventory reports; measuring and monitoring the cycle counting program; and the implementation of food safety policies and procedures in compliance with federal, state, local and regulations.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains/exceeds all inventory accuracy goals
- Publishes reports, analyzes data, tracks performance by area, and determines problems and root causes; communicates results and recommends appropriate action.
- Coordinates all functions of the statistical-based cycle counting and estimated statistical sampling
- Maintains system data integrity.
- Ensures that date-sensitive products are checked for expiration, quantities are correct, and exceptions are handled for timely movement of goods.
- Sets up and/or changes the stock keeping unit (SKU) in the strategic pick location.
- Ensures all cycle counts are scheduled and counting is completed timely, accurately, and in compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Performs process or system testing as required to ensure accurate adjustments and program measurement.
- Leads Mid-Year and Year End Inventory reconciliation processes
- Monitors and maintains proper documentation for “Return to Vendor” product.
- Develop budget and monitor expenses
- Analyze data to determine trends and staffing requirements
- Monitor processes for Customs and S.O.P compliances
- Monitor transfer process to ensure variances are resolved
- Ensure that vendor Non-Compliance issues are reported to the Import Group with supporting documentation.
- Ensure the destruction of merchandise is secured an inventoried for accuracy and Customs compliance.
- Monitor and maintain adequate trailer pool
- Ensure that containers are unloaded in a timely manner to eliminate detention charges
- Ensure timely delivery of imports items to all DC's
- Document inspection results by completing reports and logs and inputting data into database.
- Ensure consistent execution of food safety procedures.
- Assist in the development of procedures and methods for evaluating and inspecting products and processes.
- Support the facilitation of audits and inspections administered by health authorities, third parties and partners as assigned by manager.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Two years' experience in inventory control systems.
- Thorough knowledge of distribution center operations preferred
- Through knowledge of customs regulations preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to physically move throughout the distribution center to monitor the flow of merchandise.
- May be exposed to extreme heat and cold, including freezers, coolers and refrigerators for extended periods of time.
Apply on company website