Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 17,266 stores in 46 states as of February 26, 2021. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Under limited supervision, this role provides administrative support to Corporate HR team in addition to carrying out limited HR and/or employee engagement responsibilities
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides overall administrative support for HR Directors. Maintains calendar, meetings, travel and status for HR Directors.
- Maintains key HR reporting tools and people metrics.
- Develops and enhances reporting for key support areas and maintains key HR reporting tools and people metrics.
- Monitors monthly expenses and tracks budget data to assist HR Directors.
- Schedules and coordinates travel for field management into the Store Support Center for various training classes.
- Identifies issues and trends and makes recommendations for change to HR directors.
- Provides first point of contact support for employees as needed.
- Assists managers with employee issues by gathering information surrounding incident, researching employee history and organizing data for HR director.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Strong written and verbal skills, including negotiation skills; ability to communicate effectively with managers and third-party vendors
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, manage time, and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment; excellent organizational skills
- Ability to interact and maintain both internal and external relationships in a professional, confidential, and appropriate manner
- Clear understanding of data, relationships and system manipulation plus a high level proficiency with Microsoft office applications
- Ability to create and/or pull reports from HRIS systems
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Two to three years experience working in an HR department required.
- Experience with HR information systems and HR processes is required.
Apply on company website