Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 17,266 stores in 46 states as of February 26, 2021. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
- Reviews and maintains current U.S. Department of Transportation (“DOT”) policies and procedures.
- Completes all needed DOT and STS required background checks, verifications and other qualification criteria efficiently and thoroughly
- Maintains applicant data, records, and acknowledgement; prepares new hire paperwork.
- Coordinates and maintains confidential personnel records.
- Answers general human resource questions and inquiries regarding benefits, compensation, recruiting, and employee relations.
- Processes applications, schedules interviews, assists with background checks and verifies DOT-mandated reference checks.
- Assists with DOT-mandated reference checks, background checks, and DOT mandated drug testing.
- May log and process department bills and invoices.
- Maintains office supplies.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations
- Up to 50% travel required to buildings and partnership locations
- Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills; ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures and practices; familiarity with distribution center positions.
- Intermediate computer skills; ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and payroll systems such as Lawson and KRONOS.
- Detail oriented.
- Exposure to changing climatic conditions and extreme heat and cold.
- Occasionally required to walk long distances within the distribution center.
- Sitting for long periods of time in an office environment.
- Bending, stooping, squatting, or kneeling on a repetitious basis.
- Fast-paced environment
Apply on company website