Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,094 stores in 44 states as of November 1, 2019. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
This position is to support DG global sourcing initiatives and enhance our global supply chain. Global Sourcing Manager (GSM) is responsible for working directly with Global Sourcing Directors/DGGS team members, and cross functionally with Merchandise Buyers, Private Brand, Compliance, and Supply Chain to support and provide buying team superior global vendor options to reduce cost of goods. Serves as the functional expert for Global Sourcing strategies and processes in merchandising. Sourcing manager will collaborate with internal stakeholders to execute key functions of Merchandising Sourcing process: category assessment, RFI/supplier assessment, RFP/price negotiation, category sourcing strategy development, and implementation. Serve as the analytical and strategic arm for all of Global Sourcing functions in SSC and DGGS office.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Category subject matter expert who provides leadership and functional global sourcing expertise
- Will be the owner for conducting sourcing category review meetings with buyers to established goals and prioritize global sourcing opportunities and strategies for upcoming planogram (core) programs, non-core seasonal programs and procurement.
- Responsible for building category sourcing plans and ensuring sourcing plans are executed and manage/overseeing product lifecycle management.
- Support development of Global Sourcing SOP's, reporting, and cost analysis to ensure a consistent and efficient approach to business management and performance measurement
- Develop collaborative partnership with DGGS counterparts to ensure all team's (SSC and DGGS) are align with global sourcing KPI's.
- Develop and maintain processes necessary to support a best-in-class sourcing approach including:
- GSM will serve as the link between SSC buyers, DGGS, and global vendors to develop, source, and implement products.
- GSM is responsible for project management (sourcing) and manage the overall project time line to ensure execution of key timelines.
- GSM is responsible, along with DGGS team for price negotiation and meeting target margin requirement.
- GSM is responsible, along with DGGS team for new vendor development. Provide training for new supplier on DG sourcing expectations, documents and tools, buying process and calendar, and product assortment.
- Ensure NDA, and MSA contracts are fully negotiated and executed with all import suppliers to minimize financial risk and liability to DG.
- Provide constructive feedback to suppliers where appropriate to improve performance and growth.
- Develop metrics, collect and analyze data/KPIs to summarize sourcing opportunities, results and accomplishments over time for continuous improvement
- Lead stakeholder team through the development and execution of optimal sourcing strategy, including specification and program development, project tasks, and timelines
- Review, understand, and comprehend financial analysis generated, and be able to make resulting business recommendations to business owners
- Drive and Execute timely project management to internal and external stakeholder expectations
- Ensure that all items brought to market arrive on time and in compliance with all DG standards and requirements
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Minimum 2-year experience in Global Sourcing and/or Merchandising include development of strategy, product assortment and specifications, pricing analysis, and item execution (product life cycle)
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Proficient in retail financial acumens.
- Analyzing quantitative and qualitative data to develop communication reports for sourcing and merchandising.
- Communicates effectively both written and orally.
- Ability to function as both a team member and project leader as appropriate.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to be highly adaptable to change.
- Ability to think “outside the box” and be an entrepreneurial self-starter.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, with advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Maintaining flexibility in a rapidly changing environment while maintaining an enthusiastic sense of mission.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally in support of our merchandising global sourcing initiative.
- Seeking opportunities to serve others.
- Must be able to operate as a collaborative Team Player.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (Supply Chain, Merchandising, Business, etc.) preferred.
- At least 2 years of related experience required, preferably in sourcing, product development, project management, retail buying, or retail field operations.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted. Industry specific and/or Project Management certification a plus. (PMP, CPM/CPSM, etc.)
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website