Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,979 stores in 46 states as of October 30, 2020. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Customer Service Representative is responsible for the private fleet administrative functions. Responsibility includes planning, tracking, tracing, and reporting on inbound and outbound dedicated loads. Works with the private fleet on-site team to ensure on time store deliveries, tractor utilization, inbound reverse logistics on time pick up, and driver safety and legal compliance operations.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Plan and assign outbound, vendor backhaul, and OVD loads
· Plan and assign rolltainer sweeps and dunnage consolidations
· Reporting Function:
· Report on time load pick up
· Report on time store delivery
· Report BOL pick up
· Report on tractor utilization
· Report on vendor backhaul pickup and delivery
· Answer and process driver load messages through satellite communications and plan
· Resolve load issues involving bust outs, over weights, and/or paperwork issues
· Answer telephone calls from drivers, vendors, DCs, SSC and other external sources
· Work with drivers to ensure they understand the delivery documentation , call stores when the delivery is late, monitor load dispatch assignments, and review load optimizing.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
· Proficient communication (written and verbal), listening, and interpersonal problem solving skills
· Knowledge of dedicated transportation operations
· High attention to detail, strong planning, and organization skills
· Understands driver logs and hours of service
· Proficient in usage of transportation optimization software to perform routing, tendering, scheduling, and shipment tracking
· Ability to function in a high-stress environment
· Must know MS Office software
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Distribution experience preferred.
- Quality check or audit experience preferred.
- Warehouse management system applications experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Logistics preferred, or comparable experience of one to two years in transportation operations for a retailer, manufacturing company, major carrier, or logistics company required.
- One to two years customer service experience preferred
- One to two years onsite driver dispatch experience preferred
- One year Driver Dispatch Management System (satellite dispatch systems) experience (McLeod, TMW, Telogis, Dispatch Tracks, AS400)
Apply on company website