Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 17,266 stores in 46 states as of February 26, 2021. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Oversees all aspects of the distribution center. Positions the distribution center to produce the highest level of performance, to build a strong and effective management team, and promote best practices in all aspects of operations. Evaluate and participate in management development plans and results.
- Develops and implements short-range and long-range plans that achieve expected and measurable results.
- Conducts analyses relating to sales, volume, payroll, employee turnover, capital expenses, and other operational issues; effectively communicates to and facilitates decisions from management team.
- Evaluates material handling system, methods and procedures; recommends improvements to achieve future capacity and growth requirements.
- Identifies performance indicators; addresses performance, resource, and operational decisions with the appropriate management team.
- Mentors management team on operational and performance gaps; promotes forward-looking decisions that require change to operational or employee processes, functions, or organizational structure.
- Demonstrates and inspires improved individual performance that leads to team-focused results.
- Develops annual budget.
- Maintains high level of moral through effective communication and interaction within the distribution center.
- Maintains safety and accident prevention programs to ensure a safe work environment.
- Analytical skills; ability to make analyses of detailed reports relating to sales, volume, payroll and employee turnover, and monthly operational and capital expense budgets.
- Ability to apply principals of logic or rational thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Ability to accomplish tasks/goals through effective delegation and follow-up.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good oral and written communication.
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, payroll/personnel systems such as KRONOS; Warehouse Management System.
- Five + years progressive experience in high-speed distribution or related logistics experience.
- Basic accounting.
- College degree preferred with an emphasis in human behavior.
- On-call during evening and weekend hours.
- Must be able to physically move throughout the distribution center to monitor the flow of merchandise and workplace.
Apply on company website