Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 17,266 stores in 46 states as of February 26, 2021. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Has the overall responsibility of managing product fulfillment, in-stock levels, and inventory management for defined vendors (including import and DSD SKUs) to support DC/store forecast and replenishment (including promotional and event execution). Responsible for the new/disco item execution, and promotional/event execution within a defined group of vendors.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for managing inventory at distribution centers and stores for an assigned group of vendors. Additionally managing store ordering and PO life cycle for replenished and in/out product. Meets service levels, in-stock and inventory turnover targets.
- Monitors key performance indicators (KPI) for assigned vendors.
- Collaborates with key cross-functional teams (merchants, planning) to ensure inventory levels align with merchandise policy and financial goals.
- Produces reports and conducts analyses including vendor and item performance.
- Identifies issues and opportunities as well as the appropriate action plan to support company financial goals.
- Executes new item entrance and exit strategies (planogram resets).
- Executes various seasonal categories, promotional and event plans. Ensures that inventories are appropriate to support sales and presentation standards.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Ability to deliver expected quantitative and qualitative results
- Strong business acumen and superior analytical skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally and independently
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office, SharePoint, and database applications
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
Bachelor's degree in business management, finance or other related field and one year experience in retail/supply chain environment required. 2-4 years of experience may be substituted. Aldata G.O.L.D. knowledge preferred.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website