Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,720 stores in 46 states as of July 31, 2020. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Dedicated fleet operations lead for 2-4 DCs that are responsible for outbound store service and Inbound reverse logistics (backhauls, rolltainers, and miscellaneous returns). Responsible for managing the KPIs associated with Outbound Delivery and Inbound Reverse Logistics operations to achieve budget for their assigned locations. This role oversees day-to-day operations pertaining to the dedicated fleets (outsourced 3rd party or private fleet) and our DCs outbound shipping performance.
- Manages dedicated fleet to achieve key budgeted KPIs; Store On-Time Delivery metrics, Utilization (cost/mile), Cartons per Load, and Miles per Load. Develops operational efficiencies within the network to drive down costs and improve service levels to the stores.
- Routes both outbound and reverse logistics orders in TMS (transportation management system) for optimal service and cost. Is knowledgeable of systems settings and interactions with other parts of the DG business.
- Manages day-to-day relationships with DC operations on rolltainer inventory, outbound shipping processes, trailer inventory, and other needs.
- Manages day-to-day relationships with Carrier teams on store service, backhaul service and execution, rolltainer returns, off-site trailer pools, and more.
- Acts as primary point of contact for carriers on backhaul processes while acting as liaison between carriers and DG's internal supply chain (demand chain) teams for customer service.
- Manages the relationship with 3 to 5 CPU vendors and is responsible for the profitability on approximately 200 loads per week, $4MM in annual revenue, negotiating lane rates and representing Dollar General in quarterly supply chain meetings.
- Provides ad-hoc reporting, analysis, and project participation for the Outbound Operations team which will drive improvement to on-time delivery performance and/or cost reductions. This reporting will include the development of scorecards for specific key performance indicators, analysis of the data and implementation of new ideas and processes.
- In-depth knowledge of transportation modes and regulations, with an emphasis on TL and Dedicated fleet operations and their primary cost drivers.
- Demonstrated ability to transform working knowledge into tactical decision making to support business objectives; deals with ambiguity well.
- Communicates across boundaries with ease and clarity via verbal and written mediums and builds strong relationships with business partners.
- Understands Supply Chain concepts, including distribution processes, replenishment, and inventory management.
- Proficient in usage of transportation optimization software to perform routing, tendering, scheduling, and shipment tracking. Must apply that knowledge and proficiency to monitor transportation activities and identify/resolve issues.
- Ability to perform detailed analysis using Excel and database applications; ability to produce meaningful reports or scorecards that drive improvement in the business.
- Demonstrated willingness and curiosity to dig-in and find answers to the “un-known's” that come up during business activity.
- 30% travel required.
Work Experience &/or Education:
Bachelor's degree in Business or Logistics preferred, or comparable experience of 3 to 5 years in transportation operations for a retailer, manufacturing company, major carrier, or logistics company required.
Apply on company website