Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 17,266 stores in 46 states as of February 26, 2021. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Serve the customer in all aspects of merchandise selection; analyze and maintain the value of all items sold in our stores. Assist in the flow process and presentation of merchandise to our customers. Facilitate the internal and external partnerships that allow Dollar General to serve others by being a customer driven distributor of consumable and non-consumable basics. More limited SKU, vendor, and supply chain breadth than Senior Buyer position.
- Analyze and re-forecast departmental budget to ensure financial reward for our shareholders, i.e. sales, mark-up, inventory, turn.
Plan, evaluate and provide monthly projections for core items to maintain our 95% in-stock goal.
Assist all teamshare partners in matters that are directly or indirectly involved with merchandising, i.e. accounting, reorder, retail, distribution, import, logistics and vendors.
Maintain accurate vendor and item information to best control procurement and logistical flow of merchandise until it reaches our customer. Research and negotiate vendor base to identify the best value for our customer. Penetrate new market share while maximizing shareholders reward. Evaluate, select, design, and develop merchandise for both core and non-core distribution and presentation in store.
- Supervising, training and developing our team partners to support total development.
Develop line review and generate plan-o-grams for department and communicate these for proper presentation to our customer.
- Make necessary vendor, market, and store visits.
- Knowledge of assortment/item negotiations, promotional growth, markdown and assortment funding.
- Ability to develop assortment plans and execute tactics against a strategic plan.
- Advanced analytical and financial skills (e.g. ability to read a profit & loss statement).
- Ability to manage strategic assortments across limited category disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through verbal, written and listening skills so that Merchandising's mission of customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Demonstrated planning and executing of annual budget to ensure positive shareholder risk.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player and customer service driven, while maintaining the values of Dollar General.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively monitor and develop team partners to ensure a partnership in total development.
- Thorough knowledge of specific categories, including market trends, item cost, competitive issues and logistical issues to help facilitate customer satisfaction.
- Ability to demonstrate moral integrity and professionalism while negotiating issues to help facilitate customer satisfaction.
- Ability to make decisions in a rapidly changing environment while maintaining an enthusiastic sense of mission.
- Travel may be required.
Work Exerience and/or Education:
3 to 5 years of merchandising experience required, preferably as a Replenishment Buyer, Assistant Buyer, or Planning Manager. College degree strongly preferred.
Apply on company website