Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,979 stores in 46 states as of October 30, 2020. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Functions as the technical subject matter expert for the distribution center's warehouse management system. Works locally with the operations leadership team in order to optimize system and network configuration/set-up and collaborates closely with the SSC IT team as needed to meet local user and network needs. As a member of the management team, plays a critical role in creating a strong work team and helping to foster a positive employee relations environment within the distribution center.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Monitors and evaluates the overall performance of the Warehouse Management System (WMS) and Radio Frequency (RF) sub-system. Analyzes and adjusts WMS strategies in partnership with operations team to ensure efficient flow of merchandise. Assists managers in determining system modifications to improve merchandise flow and user productivity.
- Responds to immediate systems issues. Coordinates resources needed to resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Responsible for systems backup tape rotation and for ensuring off-site backups are stored and logged in accordance with disaster recovery polices.
- Responsible for data collection, root-cause analysis and presentation of findings to assist operations team in correcting causes of inventory integrity inaccuracies. Develops plans, trains employees and coordinates activities to support building-wide physical and statistical inventories.
- Installs, maintains and assists with upgrades and replacements to PCs in coordination with SSC IT department. Assists SSC IT department with remote trouble-shooting of all computer and computer-related systems.
- Manages equipment receipt process to ensure proper tracking and accountability of new systems-related devices.
- Submits budget requests related to yearly department expenditures. Identifies, justifies and communicates requests for new hardware or software changes to SSC IT department.
- Reviews the performance of WMS staff and identifies development plans that meet career goals.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited standardization exists.
- Ability to communicate knowledge of warehouse management systems configurations and automated data collection equipment
- High level understanding of file systems and directory structures
- Thorough understanding of warehouse operations, product flow and inventory control in a distribution environment
- Working knowledge of automated distribution information technology
- Strong attention to detail
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree in information systems or logistics preferred.
- Two years of experience configuring and maintaining rules-based Warehouse Management System required.
- Two years of experience in a distribution or warehousing environment required.
- Two years supervisory experience required.
- AIX system basics and system manipulation thru UNIX with SQL experience.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Lift and lower WMS and PC equipment up to 75 pounds
- Walk, stand, sit, bend, stoop, or crawl for periods of time
- Exposure to changing climatic conditions
- On-call twenty-four hours per day to support distribution center operations
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website