Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47 states, and we're still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
The Senior Solutions Architect proactively leads and supports architecture activities that guide the development and management of a portfolio of solutions. They are responsible for technology solutions that meet business needs and align with architectural governance and standards. They understand the concept of business goals, objectives, outcomes, value-streams, and processes and their importance in solution architecture. The solution architect creates deliverables for managing the domain's portfolio of "to be" and "as is" solutions to drive targeted business outcomes and modernize existing products. Solutions include projects, systems (including applications, technologies, processes and information), shared infrastructure services and shared application services. They ensure project compliance by establishing right level of governance model. This role will work closely with executives, key departmental management and project stakeholders across the organization. The ability to work collaboratively and effectively with all levels of management and staff within the organization is a key priority in this role.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead or assist in technology evaluations, designs, and remediations
- Assist in software development activities
- Ensure stakeholders understand and agree to the direction/results of the product
- Monitor and document existing and potential product technologies
- Coordinate activities between partner teams and lead the integration of technology for the domain
- Remain current with new technology, trends, tools, and techniques
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Participates in the evaluation and selection of new technologies and vendors, conducts proof of concepts and reviews integration requirements and recommends solutions
- Collaborates with appropriate teams to produce an overall solution architecture including diagrams, narratives, descriptions, estimates of time & effort, and license costs/fees
- Work closely with executives, key departmental management and project stakeholders across the organization to achieve business objectives
- Able to translate business and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint to achieve business objectives, and documents all solution architecture design and analysis work
- Able to communicate technical assessments, patterns, proposals, and alternatives to both technical and non-technical audiences, including corporate leadership
- Collaborate with other engineers and architects to create integration strategies between systems
- Analyzes, defines, and documents requirements for data flows, processes, hardware and software environments, network connectivity, system interfaces, security controls, and visualization
- Actively lead efforts to deliver on agreed architectural results throughout all phases of a project
- Research industry trends and best practices and assist with the development of architectural principles, guidelines and technology standards that can be leveraged across the organization
- Responsible for understanding and modernizing legacy applications as appropriate
- Uses extensive knowledge of the domain's solutions to continually assess the domain's alignment with industry and enterprise standards
- Coach and mentor team members on architectural matters as well as Cloud DevOps and DevOps practices
- Knowledge of migrating on-premise applications to cloud offerings, cloud security and how to integrate new applications into the cloud environment
- Build deep relationships with business partners and senior technical staff to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Exposure to adjacent technology domains such as other platforms, networks, and cyber security.
- Ensure adherence to architectural standards with strong, clear communication with vendors, 3rd-party providers, Product Designers and Product Owners
- Works closely with the product owners to ensure a robust architectural runway that can support future business requirements throughout the product lifecycle
- Continuous learning by staying up to date with latest technology, trends, tools, and techniques to meet new business challenges
Work Experience &/or Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or a related technical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8+ years experience in computer tools, development and architecture related activities
- 6+ years of experience architecting and designing complex applications
- Experience in applying Business process automation, Decision Models, Machine Learning, cloud design/development, ELTs, various databases, middleware solutions and most types of integration.
- Experience delivering architecture documents on solution technical design, application design, integration, non-functional requirements, and deployment approach
- Well versed in the hosting technology landscape including compute, storage, backup, network, security, DR, DevOps and IT governance
- Working knowledge of Web Services, SOAP, REST, XML, JSON, and interface design.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Knowledge of Transportation-related solutions and business processes a plus
Apply on company website