Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,500 stores in 46 states as of May 1, 2020. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Moves trailers to the correct location prior to and after loading and or unloading.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Transports trailers, full or empty, to or from, receiving or shipping, as directed by the trailer locator.
- Applies seals to loaded trailers.
- Completes trailer movement log to submit to trailer locator/verifier.
- Completes daily yard reports.
- Meets and maintains safety, quality and productivity standards.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Basic math and reading skills.
- Communication skills.
- Basic organizational skills.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Valid state driver's license required; commercial drivers license (CDL) preferred.
- Experience in automated retail distribution center preferred.
- Experience in logistics environment preferred.
- Lifting of up to 75 pounds.
- Continuous walking, standing, and sitting; walking long distances.
- Exposure to hot and cold conditions.
- Exposure to dust and noise.
- Bending, stooping, squatting, and kneeling on a repetitious basis.
Apply on company website