Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,500 stores in 46 states as of May 1, 2020. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Provides systems support for the distribution center. Partners with distribution center staff to analyze and provide solutions for system gaps.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Usually puts out files and secures initial file runs; communicates with distribution center DOT regarding orders.
- Prints warehouse labels and breakdown by zone.
- Schedules moves, replenishments, cycle counts and inquires on SKU numbers.
- May process automatic and special shipments.
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Diagnoses OCE Printers for minor repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Programs radio frequency units; mails radio frequency units for repair.
- Communicates effectively, oral and written, with all DC staff cycle count inventory adjustments and radio frequency problem resolution.
- May perform Order Processor, Cycle Counter, or Trailer Locater/Verifier responsibilities when needed.
- Maintains warehouse supplies such as bar code labels, green bar paper, and license plates.
- Meets and maintains safety, quality and productivity standards.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Analytical skills and detail oriented; ability to make decisions based on process analysis.
- Knowledge of networks and downloads between ALPHA/WMS.
- Understanding of building charts, numbering system, zones, location classes, master, pick, storage and replenishment strategies.
- Understanding of order processing log sheet procedures, filing and reporting procedures, and the processes of renaming files, priority sheets, allocations and bad strategies.
- Competency to use Excel, Word, and other PC software.
- Ability to use hand-held radio frequency unit.
WORK Experience and/or Education:
- High school education preferred.
- Experience in a warehouse management environment preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Fast-paced, stressful environment.
- Cool office climate to maintain computer equipment.
- Some heavy lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work flexible working hours/shifts to provide coverage where needed.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website