Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,720 stores in 46 states as of July 31, 2020. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Analyst will be responsible to provided necessary data/metrics for our overall supply chain reporting. This individual will extract, interpret, and present data to support our various supply chain initiatives as well as proactively identifying improvement opportunities. They will also help with the project management (tracking and follow up) of key DC initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- DC weekly reporting: To include performance metric report and financial reporting. Individual required to extract, interpret, and present data to support DC key metrics and identify improvement opportunities.
- Project Management: Support key DC initiatives. Individual will be required to track and follow up on key DC action items. Individual will be required to communicate with DC leaders and be able to provide status updates to DC leadership.
- DC process improvement: Individual will be required to mine data and identify opportunities within the DC network. This includes being able to clearly present opportunities to DC leadership.
- Enhanced reporting: Responsibility for develop new report to support key DC metrics and initiatives. This includes working with IT to move more data into our data warehouse and developing automated dashboards for DC leadership.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Experience and understand of DC operations and supply chain knowledge
- Highly proficient in the use of MS Excel and various BI tools
- Must have exceptional analytical and numerical skills with the ability to understand what the numbers mean and how to improve those numbers.
- Must have the ability to design presentation decks
- Must be able to work independently but also as a part of the larger team
- Excellent communication and written skills with the ability to articulate issues and identify viable options
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high attention to detail (extremely organized)
Work Experience &/or Education:
Bachelor's degree preferred. 3-5 years of experience in supply chain analytics, data capture, reporting, planning, or related field.
Apply on company website