**This role will ideally be a hybrid position based out of Cumberland, RI or Buffalo Grove, IL and candidates within a commutable distance to one of these locations will be required to be in office 2x weekly
CVS Health's Enterprise Procurement department, a key function within the company's Finance Global Business Services organization, is in search of a Senior Category Manager who be responsible for the Enterprise Services IT spend category. This includes Enterprise IT Services with supplier in sub-categories such as hardware, software, data center, network/telephony and end user compute. This role will be responsible for defining and executing sourcing strategies that drive P&L value across the services within the assigned CVS Health spend category. To achieve success in this role, the Category Manager must develop highly productive relationships with leaders and key business stakeholders, and leverage tools such as spend analytics, market intelligence, and existing vendor agreements to build and maintain a pipeline of sourcing opportunities within the category. In this position, you will also play a meaningful role representing procurement on large scale strategic enterprise initiatives and special projects (e.g. sourcing process transformation, acquisition integration, etc.).
The Indirect Strategic Sourcing team manages over $9B in annual indirect spend across a range of IT & non-IT categories that support key business units across the enterprise (Retail, PBM, Insurance, Specialty/Clinical, etc.). As a Category Lead on the Sourcing team, you should have an enterprise mindset, possess highly developed business background, and be a strong communicator who is able to establish lasting relationships with business leaders as well as internal and external stakeholders. This critical role will report to a Lead Director within the Indirect Strategic Sourcing team.
• Develop and maintain short, medium, and long term category sourcing plans, spend profiles, and pipeline
• Schedule and maintain cadence of regularly scheduled sourcing category reviews and planning sessions with key leaders within the assigned business area; establish self as category sourcing expert
• Guide analyst base on sourcing activities to ensure successful execution of RFx events for category
• Accountable for quantifying and delivering against savings targets for category
• Serve as execution lead on major Sourcing events with high complexity, spend, and/or visibility
• Educate business partners on policies and processes in place to support Strategic Sourcing; communicate and demonstrate team's value proposition
• Maintain status of all completed, active, and planned sourcing activities to review with Strategic Sourcing management
• Effectively communicate Strategic Sourcing's value proposition and goals to key leaders and stakeholders
• Leverage spend analytics, market intelligence, and expiring contracts reporting to continuously build pipeline of opportunities for sourcing to address within category
• Maintain strong working relationship with CVS Health's business and vendor management teams, ensuring that Strategic Sourcing is engaged early on all prospective engagements requiring vendor support
• Work with stakeholders to develop bid strategies and create effective scope of work documents for competitive bid processes
• Develop processes to ensure that CVS Health's business stakeholders are utilizing preferred suppliers wherever possible, thereby leveraging the enterprise's scale to drive greater value for the company
• Collaborate with CVS Health's contracting team to identify new and creative approaches to contracting with vendor partners
The typical pay range for this role is:
This pay range represents the base hourly rate or base annual full-time salary for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual base salary offer will depend on a variety of factors including experience, education, geography and other relevant factors. This position is eligible for a CVS Health bonus, commission or short-term incentive program in addition to the base pay range listed above.
In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. The Company offers a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may enroll in the Company's 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan is also available for eligible employees. The Company provides a fully-paid term life insurance plan to eligible employees, and short-term and long term disability benefits. CVS Health also offers numerous well-being programs, education assistance, free development courses, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners. As for time off, Company employees enjoy Paid Time Off (PTO) or vacation pay, as well as paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Number of paid holidays, sick time and other time off are provided consistent with relevant state law and Company policies.
For more detailed information on available benefits, please visit
• 5+ years of professional experience related to IT Sourcing & Category Management, Finance, Supply Chain, Procurement, Analytics, Project Management, or Management Consulting
• Ability to travel up to 15% for supplier presentations, site visits, and key department meetings at RI Headquarters (no more than quarterly)
• Background and use of Project/Program Management tools and methodology (Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, etc)
• Negotiation Skills / Experience
• Vendor Management / Consolidation Experience
• Experience with electronic sourcing platforms, such as Ariba eSourcing, is a plus
Bachelors degree required, Accounting/Finance/Business Administration preferred. MBA preferred.
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website