Technology Shared Services Director
This role will own the strategy around people and process within the Technology organization. It will define strategies, plan, drive and measure Agile and DevOps adoption across technology and lines of business. In addition, it will own the identification and rationalization of current day agile best practices into a repeatable delivery approach for the bank. This role will also own Tool Chain Automation which is an orchestrated set of tools that aid in automating delivery, development and management of products/platforms through DevOps practices.
- Partner with Domain CIO and 2iB business leaders to develop, direct and execute a multi-year Agile Transformation strategy that will enhance overall business capabilities through customer centricity and agile delivery.
- Partner with Domain CIO and 2iB Product Owners to establish product/platform delivery and team-based performance metrics to drive performance against proven agile best practices.
- Continuously transform the organization to increase agility and reduce cost associated with phased and siloed delivery.
- Directly influence executives, leaders, business units, and technology teams on agile principles, values, engineering techniques, growth, and maintain a thriving agile organization.
- Lead resourcing strategies to ensure we have the right capabilities at the right capacity and cost to execute our strategies. Manage key resource supplier relationships. Optimize resource supply and demand alignment (hot spot, cold spot).
Delivery, Planning and Execution
- Conduct annual portfolio planning in partnership with technology and business leaders to determine the investment capacity and prioritized initiatives. Establish and maintain effective portfolio level governance to ensure deliver is executed in a controlled manner and risks are proactively managed.
- Create, prioritize, plan and execute enterprise Agile and DevOps transformation roadmap through collaboration with Product Management, Technology domains and their 2iB, CTO office and Technology Operations.
- Establish enterprise practices where appropriate to mature and drive consistent and efficient execution (e.g., performance testing, agile coaches).
- Establish and publish team and product/platform metrics that reflect effectiveness and encourage continuous improvement.
- Surface issues preventing a team or product/platform from scaling; escalate for resolution.
- Conduct health assessments and set targeted improvements for teams and product. Conduct coaching engagements aligned to the health assessment and targeted improvements.
- Assess capability gaps against future requirements, develop training initiatives to close critical gaps, create and maintain a talent pipeline, design and manage ongoing next generation talent programs.
Technology/Operational/ Risk Control
- Cultivate repeatable and reliable system management disciplines including clearly defined and documented roles and responsibilities, automated and documented processes for product/platform deployment.
- Drive a continuous improvement and compliant culture through full auditability of automation.
- Accountable for creating, securing approval for and management of department capital and expense budgets, while exhibiting strict cost discipline.
- Accountable for understanding and driving meaningful implications of key financial indicators, and the use financial analysis to create and evaluate strategic options and opportunities.
- Accountable for negotiating and managing multi-million-dollar contracts and vendor relationships on behalf of the bank.
- Create a culture of continuous process improvement and lead cross-technology strategic initiatives to optimize costs.
Apply on company website