Manager, Retail Strategy and Transformation
Manager, Retail Strategy and Transformation is responsible for managing and delivering medium initiatives that align with Comerica's strategy and focuses on how Retail customers interact and want to do business with Comerica. These initiatives could include multiple parts of large initiatives or standalone transformation initiatives. Creates roadmaps for how the customer experience will be provided in the future by reimaging possibilities with an outside in focus (through the eyes of the customer). They have familiarity or interest in the target market/industry and product/BU and build close relationships with key stakeholders to ensure that the team's effort is aligned with overall corporate strategy.
Manager, Retail Transformation Initiatives indirectly manages various size teams based on the initiatives selected. Teams range in size from 10 to 25+ team members (Business SMEs, Analysts, and Support Functions). They work closely within their team to ensure business value and user feedback is translated into new developments. Manager, RS&T is empowered to make business decisions and will be accountable for specific business outcomes based on the initiative they are focused on. This position may lead one medium initiative or multiple smaller size initiatives (for example: Technology Upgrades or medium initiatives within large transformations).
Scope of Role: As a part of the Retail Strategy & Transformation Team, this role is responsible for how the client interacts with Comerica digitally, driving customer growth, loyalty and, most importantly, satisfaction with Comerica. This role will lead through both direct ownership and through influence. The Retail Digital Transformation Manager will own or influence the transformation of any, or all, of the following: Direct Ownership of Strategy and Execution: In these areas the Retail Digital Platform Transformation Manager will have direct ownership and direct accountability of the following:
- Develop, maintain, and execute Retail's overall digital transformation strategy for all digital channels such as:
- Online Banking platforms
- Mobile platforms
- ATM / iTM platforms
- New and emerging client interaction technologies (chat / voice / other)
- Create world-class digital customer journeys focusing on building excellence in solving customer "jobs to be done".
- Prioritize and build digital client enablers, designing the best solutions for customer "jobs to be done" while extending the Comerica Customer Experience into new areas.
- Execute digital transformation with excellence, leading to world-class client experience improvements and banker experience enhancements.
- Maintain Subject Matter Expert knowledge on competitive digital products, services and experiences, engineering that learning into the Comerica Digital roadmap.
- Partner with IT to determine digital roadmaps, platforms, partners, investment and resourcing.
- Drive and influence transformative road-mapping with the eBanking Product/Channel group to identify and prioritize world-class experiences, leading to excellence for customers and bankers alike.
- Ensure alignment with Deposit Products / Lending Products / Payment Products / Shared LOB Products (e.g. Treasury).
- Develop and Foster effective working relationships with business partners in other LOBs such as Commercial Bank, Wealth Management, etc., acting as a subject matter expert for
- Retail Digital impacts and transformations.
- Direct (permanent) -- this role may have direct reports serving in strategic development, transformation execution and/or project management functions.
- Direct (contingent) -- this role may have contingent / contract direct reports serving in strategic development, transformation execution and/or project management functions.
- Direct (secondment) -- this role may have team members seconded to the group serving in a secondment as Subject Matter Experts.
- Indirect -- this role may manage cross-functional teams participating in specific projects for undefined periods of time as Subject Matter Experts but belonging to other groups permanently.
- Indirect -- this role may manage large-scale consulting engagements and the assigned consultants for specific projects.
Transformation Strategy based on Customer Experience
- Observes, learns about, contacts and analyzes end users through user research, consumer meetings, usage data and market landscape to ensure alignment.
- Integrates customer research, competitive insights and research into initiative requirements to enhance user satisfaction and ensure customer driven design.
- Sets ambitious and clear vision and communicates effectively to stakeholders, the team, and the rest of the unit.
- Works closely with business leaders to establish business value and support messaging, communication, and customer outreach as necessary.
- Identifies, designs and advocates for initiatives to contribute to the achievement of Retail Bank.
- End to end ownership of delivery on business outcomes (from inception through implementation).
- Translates the vision into actionable, measurable plans (short-term and long-term initiatives).
- Accountable for specific business outcomes once initiative enters implementation.
- Monitors and measures initiatives to ensure objectives (qualitative and quantitative) are being met; identifies and removes roadblocks.
- Ensures value delivery.
- Makes tradeoffs and decisions; integrates new insights into the design as needed.
- Collaboration with stakeholders to ensure vision aligns within business strategy and requirements.
- Works with multiple teams to understand the requirements and constraints.
- Builds and maintains a relationship with the stakeholders. Maintains the appropriate engagement routines and governance structure.
- Conducts periodic reviews with leaders to convey progress, initiative metrics/dashboards, and updates for key milestones.
- Leads initiative to overall success.
- Provides direct oversight for the team members responsible to drive change initiatives and collaborate to ensure people, processes, protocols, technology and overall capabilities are aligned.
- Clearly communicates the requirements to the team.
- Coaches' teams with detailed guidance during the initiative.
- Oversees budget assigned to the initiative.
- Helps define success metrics and manage KPIs critical to the initiative success.
Apply on company website