Colorado Permanente Medical Group is seeking board certified or board eligible Family Medicine or Internal Medicine Pediatric physicians to join our primary care team in a new and unique opportunity. We have full time and part time non-continuity positions available. The provider would float between the Briargate, Parkside and Premier Medical offices in Colorado Springs as well as the Pueblo North and Acero Medical Offices in Pueblo, Colorado.
Job Title: Crossover Primary Care Physician
Job Description: Crossover Physicians are a member of the physician team in primary care. This is a non-paneled position. The person whom a patient sees when seeking healthcare services when his/her primary care physician is unavailable. They examine and treat patients with a wide range of conditions and refer those with serious ailments to a specialist or appropriate facility.
Major Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions:
Provides comprehensive medical services for members seen at assigned primary care department(s), regardless of age or sex, on continuing basis:
- Examines patients, using medical instruments and equipment.
- Utilizes computer to access patient records and other clinical information.
- Elicits and records information about patient's medical history clearly and properly utilizing computerized medical record, to include accurate coding.
- Orders or executes various tests, analyses, and diagnostic images to provide information on patient's condition.
- Analyzes reports and findings of tests and examination, and diagnoses condition of patient.
- Administers or prescribes treatments and medications.
- Promotes health by advising patients concerning diet, hygiene, and methods for prevention of disease.
- Inoculates and vaccinates patients to immunize patients from communicable diseases.
- Performs office and surgical procedures commensurate with surgical competency and licensed scope of practice (such as minor office surgery, gynecology, office orthopedics, etc.).
- Refers patients to medical or surgical specialist for consultant services when necessary for patient's well-being.
- Sees patients in a high flow clinic setting with a daily schedule involving meeting patient visit standards and must be flexible to attend to additional walk-ins and acutely ill or injured patients.
- Answers and follows through promptly on all telephone messages. Must be able to participate in holiday, after-hours and weekend schedule rotations requiring travel to different medical office locations.
Must be able to work in a patient care team, involving consultation on patient problems with members of the team (Physicians, R.N.'s, P.A.'s, N.P.'s, L.P.N.'s, M.A.'s, Medical Receptionists, etc.).
Crossover physician are responsible for care to patients who cannot see their primary care provider or choose to be seen at a location other than their primary, linked location.
Crossover physicians see patients when their primary care physician is out of office regular day off, vacation, education time, etc.). They will also see patients who choose to be seen at a site they are not linked to.
Crossover physicians are responsible for covering in baskets for physicians who are out of the office.
Crossover physicians may be asked to cover a panel when there is a vacancy until a primary care linking physician can be hired and onboarded.
Crossover physicians will be responsible for rotating through non-continuity primary care weekend coverage.
Crossover physicians will be responsible for nursing and APP oversight including nurse clinic and consult physician needs.
Required or Preferred Procedures:
- Skin biopsy
- Joint injection (trochanteric bursa, knee, subacromial bursa)
- Toenail removal
- Basic suturing
Colorado Permanente Medical Group (CPMG) has an exclusive, integrated partnership with Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Colorado. While we are separate organizations complementing one another, our missions are the same--to provide high-quality, affordable health care services and improve the health of our members and the communities we serve.
By offering care and coverage together, we help Coloradans thrive. We serve communities throughout Denver/Boulder, Northern and Southern Colorado.
As a CPMG physician, you'll find fulfillment working alongside board-certified colleagues in a comprehensive array of specialties. Permanente Medicine allows you to practice evidence-based, patient-centered medicine in a culture that is collaborative, inclusive and committed to making a difference in people's lives.
Our system combines quality resources, state-of-the-art facilities, an Epic-based electronic medical records system, and true experts who collaborate. Free from the pressures of practicing fee for service medicine, you can focus on what matters most--caring for your patients.
Partnering closely with our physicians, CPMG professional staff use their expertise in business operations management, scheduling, analytics, human resources, communications, legal, finance and strategy to support high-quality care delivery.
Our team-based culture fosters a respectful and collegial environment where all people are treated with compassion.
Equity, Inclusion and Diversity
Colorado Permanente Medical Group (CPMG) is committed to Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity. CPMG has a focus on supporting all our physicians in an inclusive environment, identifying community healthcare disparities, and providing education and tools in order to provide culturally responsive care in order to mitigate these disparities. If you have an interest in Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, we encourage you to apply and become a part of our mission to improve the health of our members and communities that we serve.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, marital status, physical or mental disability, age or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.
CPMG offers a Market-leading benefit package, which includes:
- Medical and dental coverage
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Professional liability coverage (occurrence-based)
- 401(k) and Defined Benefit Retirement Plan (Cash Balance)
- Vacation, holidays, sick leave and educational leave with funds
- In-house CME opportunities
- Starting Bonus
- Pay range: Family Medicine $257,015. IM-Peds $266,461. *Salary will be based on FTE.
Employment Requirement: Colorado Permanente Medical Group, P.C. staff must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have established a qualified medical or religious, exemption by September 17, 2021. All persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of vaccination or qualifying exemption prior to starting employment.
Apply on company website