SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity as an Inpatient Rehab Speech Language Pathologist for you to join Coliseum Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At Coliseum Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Speech Language Pathologist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
In collaboration with the patient, the patient's family, and other members of the healthcare team the Speech Language Pathologist is responsible for assessing, evaluating, planning, recording and implementing a treatment plan to achieve the goals of the patient as it relates to social and cognitive communication as well as swallowing disorders. You serve as a key position of the interdependent team, and hold responsibility for achieving positive patient and department outcomes.
What you will do in this role:
- You will conduct patient assessments and evaluations to determine physical condition, limitations, medical histories and patient goals
- You will enable patients with speech and language disorders, whether it is receptive or expressive, to communicate as effectively and clearly as possible
- You will assist the physician with determining appropriate dietary feeding levels for patients with dysphagia and progress the level through the use of therapeutic techniques as appropriate
- You will provide education to the patient/family and effectively document the therapy process
- You will communicate and collaborate with other members of the rehabilitation team including other therapists, physicians and nurses to best treat the patient
- Graduation from an accredited school of a Master's level Speech Language Pathology program is required
- Must be licensed as a Speech Language Pathologist in the state which you practice, in accordance with law and regulation
- Must have Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCCs) per ASHA
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
- Prior acute care and/or inpatient rehab experience working as a Speech Therapist is preferred and/or familiarity with performing and reading swallowing assessments
Coliseum Health System is a two hospital system located in Macon, GA; you may know us better as Coliseum Medical Centers and Coliseum Northside Hospital. Each day we are challenged with providing our patients and their families state-of-the-art services while demonstrating that we are caring and committed healthcare professionals. It is our hope that you will see how much we love what we do – bringing quality healthcare services to Macon and the surrounding areas.
Founded in 1971, Coliseum Medical Center has grown to be a leader in healthcare for Middle GA. We are a 310 plus bed facility, offering a 24-hour emergency room, inpatient and outpatient surgery options, rehabilitation programs, behavioral health and diagnostic services.
Coliseum Medical Center has been recognized for its quality care with the following awards:
- Georgia Hospital Association Safety Leader Circle
- Joint Commission Top Performer of Key Quality Measures
- Get with the Guidelines Gold Plus Achievement Award – Stroke
- Joint Commission Certification
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Primary Stroke Center
- Advanced Certification in COPD
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence (ACR)
- National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
- American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS CoC)
HCA Healthcare, the parent company of Coliseum Medical Center, has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Speech Language Pathologist opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website