- * Clearly undestrand community career lattice and be able to explain the same to team members.
- * Demostrate appreciation of diversity and inclusion in professional interactions.
- * Highlight any observable deviations in areas of diversity and inclusion.
- * Take concious effort to improve the diversity quotient of the teams during recruitment* Organize educational, inspiring, bonding community events (inperson and virtual).
- * Conduct hiring discussions.
- * Identify potential retention risks and take mitigation measures.
- * Formulate evaluation criteria for recruitment.
- * Participate in college recruitment, summer programs, hackathons, job fairs, etc to attract new hires to Cognizant.
- * Facilitate mentorship process in a small community of members.
- * Mentor the team on community brand positioning strategies* Participate in external brand positioning activities.
- * Report any deviations from people practices that do not reflect organizational values.
- * Conduct people management processes with fairness, transparency and diligent.
- * Contribute to design and establishment of people management processes.
Delivering superior engineering outcomes:
- * Be able to effectively elicit role and project expectations and explain the same to stakeholders participating in talent.
- * Understand the competencyproficiency role mapping for self.
- * Solicit performance feedback and use it to identify proficiency gaps in the remit of the role.
- * Periodically evaluate team performance and provide the adequate feedback required to help members move along the path to.
- * Track the team performance on a regular basis and report any risk to delivery.
- * Contribute to and lead community members in building knowledge management repository.
- * Be aware of community capabilities available from other communities and facilitate leveraging them as and when needed.
- * Make judicious and practical commitments while undertaking engineering responsibilities.
- * Highlight any dependencies, risks and bottnecks which can influence your commitments.
- * Make every effort to ensure your commitments are honoured and delivered* Reviews the engineering metrics with Engineering managers to ensure that the project goals and customer goals are met.
- * Reviews the deliverables and engineering metrics of the account with Engineering Managers to ensure that the SOW clauses.
- * Discuss competency of the Community members with the Engineering managers and perform corrective action based on gaps* Provide honest consistent feedback to peers and team members.
- * Encourage Community leads to attend courses on giving proper feedback and mentoring.
- * Recognize team members for job well done and nominates for recognition.
- * Guide team members in coming up with an improvement plan when applicable.
- * Understand the metrics that are relevant for benchmarking diffrent activities.
- * Understand the impact of the metrics to the business outcomes of the customer.
- * Understand how the metrics are mapped and tracked in Cognizant system.
Fostering strong competency:
- * Identify the enablement needs of the team under direct supervision.
- * Lead knowledge sharing sessions in your area of expertise* Work with enablement teams to tailor the programs relevent to members.
- * Set up strategy and processes for driving competency gap identification and closures at a community level* Drive bestpractices for eliciting competencyproficiency gaps.
- * Set up a plan for closing individual rolecompetency gaps and work towards the same.
- * Help team members understand the diversity of career opportunities available in CDE and across Cognizant.
- * Observe capabilities of team members and discuss how their aspirations can be fulfilled through the organizational career lattice.
- * Facilitate participation of team members in various experience building forums.
- * Ensure the skill profile and resume are kept current.
- * Manage a roster of interview panelists from your team and ensure nominations are load balanced and respect individual constraints.
- * Track the progress of interview, offer letter and onboarding dates for hiring requirements in your engagement/account/customer context.
- * Prepare knowledge base for providing engagement related induction to new joiners from engineering community.
- * Extend support for helping new community members settle into their new role, including logistical help if required.
- * Trigger a conversation with HCM supervisor for rotation as per the policy.
- * Upskill oneself with new skills while on the job to make oneself eligible for rotation.
- * Be accountable for resolving any conflicts transparently and fairly during the performance management process.
- * Drive community specific performance management operational processes.
- * Keep a tab on the Rewards and Recognition process, rewards granted and works with operations team for required changes.
- * Motivate leads and Managers to reward associates in an appropriate and timely manner.
- * Update Resume in HCM and ensure skill profile in MyCareerApp are current.
- * Mentor your teams to keep record the skill profile promptly and bring newly acquired skills and proficiencies to the notice of their home manager.
- * Contributes to the talent profiling framework and the benchmark associated with the various role & responsibility.
- * Discussion with the associate on the competency gaps and remedial steps required to overcome the gaps.
Building strong Organizational Interconnects:
- * Drive discussions with your team on identifying capabilities and ambitions of moving to a different career track.
Building Engineering Mindshare:
- * Identify ideas that can be converted into reusable assets.
- * Contribute towards creating reusable assets.
- * Contribute to white papers under guidance.
- * Contribute to experince papers under guidance.
- * Contribute to case studies under guidance.
Must Have Skills
- Spring Boot
- Spring Core
- Core Java
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Apr 13 2021
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
Apply on company website