Software Engineer Senior PURPOSE: Analyzing, designing, programming and testing TriZetto software programs and applications. Working closely with Product Management, Product Owner, Scrum Master, Engineers, Quality Assurance and Customer Support to assess, enhance, maintain and support software solutions to business problems. Using strong logic, computer language skills, combined with healthcare industry and practical knowledge, deliver and maintain applications and software providing comprehensive business solutions to the healthcare industry. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: 1. Demonstrating expert proficiency using Microsoft technologies to create responsive, scalable and robust web applications. For this position we are seeking a full stack developer. Must be skilled in several languages and working in multiple layers (UI, WS, Middletier, DAL & DB) . Requires expert level skills in ASP.NET/MVC, REST, C# and SQL. We are expanding our technology stack to include several client-frameworks such as angular.js and bootstrap.js. Additionally, Azure cloud experience is a plus. Must have some skills with these and have a passion to grow them further. 2. All our code is expected to be of high quality. Must have an understanding of how to create unit tests. We use a test automation framework called selenium. An understanding of how automated testing is a must. Also, the right candidate would have some ability to create gherkins and write some of the automation test objects as needed. 3. We work in an Agile environment. We've implemented Scrum as our process for development. Must have experience working in a Scrum environment. Need to understand how to work with PO and SM. Must be able to work on user stories and help groom them within a scrum team. 4. We work with a large offshore group of developers in India. Must have great communication and coordination skills to help mentor and provide technical code reviews for that group. 5. Facilitate knowledge sharing and team collaboration as well as acting as a technical resource for troubleshooting and solving technical issues. QUALIFICATIONS: Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline. An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be taken into consideration in lieu of a degree. Experience: Minimum of seven years' related experience. Healthcare industry experience is preferred.
• Post release participate in project review call and discuss points on what went well and what didn't.
• Create and update knowledge articles (case studies lessons learnt) in the knowledge management repository.
• Guide developers in creating such documents.
• Publish white papers/ blogs/ articles (if required).
• People Management.
• Conduct training through academy or internally within the team.
• Conduct technical face to face interviews for internal transfer or external hiring.
• Provide feedback on Developers form technical /domain standpoint to the module lead.
Domain SkillsSNoPrimary SkillProficiency Level *Rqrd./Dsrd.1Portals and SystemsNARequired
* Proficiency LegendsProficiency LevelGeneric ReferencePL1The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels.PL2The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects.PL3The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects.PL4The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Nov 19 2019
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Apply on company website