We are looking for IMS Apps DBA for an immediate need. This is a client facing role & the candidate will have regular interactions with various client managers.
**Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (such as an H-1B visa) for this opportunity.
IMS app DBA
• IMS V13 & above
• Strong Knowledge on IMS on z/OS administration.
• Experience with IMS database design and database alteration and migration
• Experience in IMS subsystem Performance Tuning and SQL / Query optimization
• Strong Knowledge on IMS Utilities
• Experience in database initialization, forward recovery & building secondary index and pointer checker, checkpoint restart, Fast path, and DEDB
• Strong Knowledge of Troubleshooting skills on IMS administration
• IMS application users management
• IMS Security Management
• Experience in IMS Tools (Platinum, BMC, IBM)
• Knowledge on IMS database decommissioning
DB2 app DBA
• DB2 z/OS V10 or V11 or above
• Strong Knowledge on ER Diagram and DB2 database design
• Experience on Database alteration, comparing DB2 objects across environments and Migration
• Experience in DB2 subsystem Performance Tuning and SQL / Query optimization
• Strong Knowledge on DB2 Utilities
• Strong Knowledge of Troubleshooting skills on DB2 administration
• DB2 application users management
• DB2 Security Management
• Experience in DB2 Tools (Platinum, BMC, IBM)
• Good experience in System level performance tuning like Bufferpool, EDM pool, DSNZPARm changes etc.
• DASD/Tape management and Capacity Planning
• Proactive monitoring in space usage and troubleshooting space management
• Exposure in Disaster Recovery
• 24x7 support experience in a large production environment
• Should have worked in a SLA driven environment
• Knowledge on REXX, CLIST
• Maintaining naming standards for database objects
• Developing and managing IMS/DB2 security strategy appropriately for databases
• Reviewing and approving requested IMS/DB2 object changes across environments
• Implementing application backup and recovery procedures
• Providing functional guidance to System programmers
• Monitoring and allocating needed DASD
• Integrating IMS/DB2 utilization and growth into organization level capacity planning
• Monitoring IMS/DB2 resource utilization and tuning DB2 subsystem
• Defining and governing DB2 Resource Limit Facility
• Developing and implementing database administration policies and procedures
• Evaluating and testing IMS/DB2 related software updates or upgrades
• Monitoring and resolving DASD contention problem
• Participate in DR testing
***Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Apr 16 2021
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
Apply on company website