Cognizant is seeking bright, diligent people to join our Guidewire practice. Candidates must have a successful track record of implementation solution design, configuration, extension, customization and post live support experience with Guidewire Policy Center. Candidates must be detail oriented, have strong communication and interpersonal skills, and have deep technical and functional knowledge with Guidewire applications.
The Guidewire Configurator should have a strong background in software development with a minimum of 5 years web-based Java development experience including at least 3 to 4 years in a Guidewire based application. Candidate must have a strong understanding of open systems architecture including integrations with vendor packages, relational databases, message queues, web services and legacy systems.
This assignment in particular will include Guidewire specific design work, troubleshooting, and optimization especially on the integration side. This role will also provide the necessary software development leadership to the development team and help ensure that the architectural vision is correctly realized during the development and support the team through the release of code to production.
Understand the interface requirements and configuration architecture.
Create Design Document for the integration.
Configure the application points as per specification using Guidewire or J2EE components
Perform code review, and shake down test and deliver
Work in Agile environments
- Experience with Guidewire required.
- Developers with minimum 4 to 5 years of experience in GW policy center.
- Guidewire Configuration certification preferred, but not required.
- Able to work independently to complete the user stories assigned and also support offshore during the onsite day time customer meetings
- Strong GOSU and Java background
- Ability to work on Guidewire Plug-ins, Messaging, and API.
- Data integration skills and knowledge to integrate via point to point or via Middleware
- 5+ years of P&C Insurance experience
- 3 to 4 years of Guidewire Integration and Configuration experience in PolicyCenter
- Created low level integration designs for Guidewire configurations & integrations
- Hands on development experience in Policy / Claim Center projects
- Good J2EE based integration skills, JMS, SOA, Web Services
- Ability to work on Guidewire Plug-ins, Messaging, API
- Strong capabilities in relational databases, message queues, and batch systems
- B. S. Degree or 4+ years of relevant experience.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Oct 29 2020
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
Apply on company website