Summary of Position:
The Associate of Compliance Assurance position is responsible for performing delegation, state regulatory, financial, operational and compliance audits throughout Cognizant BPaaS. They are expected to have internal audit experience and to demonstrate proficiency in performing internal audit work which conforms to professional standards. Work assigned will generally be well defined and will be performed under the direction of the Sr. Associate and/or Manager, Compliance Assurance.
- Demonstrate proficiency in applying audit principles, skills and techniques in audit testing of varying degrees of complexity.
- Execute a wide variety of audit tests/procedures and accurately interpret results against defined criteria and do so such that the work is competently and efficiently performed in accordance with professional and departmental standards.
- Apply internal control concepts in a wide variety of processes and appropriately assess the exposures resulting from ineffective or missing control practices.
- Understand the financial, operational, and compliance risks which could affect business units. Demonstrate the ability to identify and appropriately dimension those risks, and formulate recommendations which are appropriate, practical and cost-effective.
- Consistently document relevant facts and information which support the work performed and conclusions drawn so other reviewers can follow the auditor's logic and methodology.
- Be effective in communicating audit results, both verbally and in writing, so they are persuasive, placed in the appropriate context, and understood by the recipient.
- Be able to complete work with limited instructions, yet know when to seek guidance from supervising staff when circumstances warrant.
- Complete work assignments independently or as part of a team project.
- Interact effectively with a wide variety of people in a wide variety of settings.
- Demonstrate effective time management skills by completing assignments within time budgets and calendar schedules while handling multiple tasks.
- Exhibit creativity and innovation in recommending improvements to departmental audit practices and processes.
- Engage in professional development activities.
- Analyze operational performance as it relates to Medicare and Medicaid audit protocols.
- Perform data integrity and validation tests to identify variances in Cognizant BPaaS performance as related to Medicare and Medicaid audit guidelines.
- Evaluate and report on Medicare and Medicaid performance metrics related to operations to assess performance relative to Medicare and Medicaid audit protocols and client expectations.
- Support Sr. Auditor in completion of client delegation audits.
- Coordinates client specific surveys to ensure timely and accurate completion.
- Other responsibilities as required.
The position requires:
- Internal Auditing, External Auditing experience or relevant healthcare operational experience.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Valid driver's license.
- Less than 5% travel may be required.
- Overtime may be required occasionally to complete work assignments on time.
Undergraduate degree in accounting, business or management-related field preferred. CPA/CIA/CISA/CRMA certification preferred but not required.
Minimum 1-2 years experience in accounting or auditing
Cognizant will only consider applicants for this position whom are legally authorized to work in the United States without requiring company sponsorship now or at any time in the future.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : May 06 2021
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
Apply on company website