Cognizant is always looking for top talent. We are searching for candidates to fill future needs within the business. This job posting represents potential future employment opportunities with Cognizant. Although the position is not currently available, we want to provide you with the opportunity to express your interest in future employment opportunities with Cognizant. If a job opportunity that you may be qualified for becomes available in the future, we will notify you. At that time you can determine whether you would like to apply for the specific open position. Thank you for your interest in Cognizant career opportunities.
Cognizant Technology Solutions is currently seeking a highly skilled Cloud Infrastructure/Application Architect who will be Responsible for designing and implementing information systems that will adequately support the enterprise infrastructure of clients. Analyzes system requirements and defines system architecture that will meet business needs, including cloud, hybrid-cloud, server infrastructure, capacity planning, storage requirements, and networking protocols, information security standards and regulatory compliance. Ensures that architecture project roll-outs meet security and architectural standards. Will supervise and guide the work of lower-level architects. Works on the largest and most complex infrastructure architecture projects sometimes in parallel more than one at a time.
Key Skills: Enterprise Infrastructure, Application Architecture, Data Center, Network and Security, Cloud Technologies
• Responsible for developing and driving the infrastructure roadmap for clients as their enterprise architect providing strategies including hybrid-cloud, standardization and modernization of legacy environments, Greenfield datacenter builds, migration and operational optimization strategies and processes across all aspects of infrastructure
• Partner with Track/Tower Architecture teams to implement corporate/enterprise infrastructure initiatives
• Analyze the risks, benefits and opportunities associated with architectural strategies align to CTS Architecture Review Board, and champion a balanced approach with a focus on operational functionality
• Lead, and build consensus among infrastructure teams, in the design and development of infrastructure building blocks for simplicity, availability, performance, integrity, stability and scalability of global enterprise systems
• Lead, guide, coach and mentor peers and lower level architects on design standards, implementation strategies and best practices
• Provide expertise and leadership in problem solving, root cause analysis during systems outages, and championing a methodological approach to troubleshooting
• Engage with management, infrastructure peers, business and project stakeholders to understand system requirements and advise stakeholders on options, risks, business impacts and cost-benefits
• Communicate with stakeholders at all levels to inform them of architecture strategies and roadmaps
• Participate in the governance of projects or initiatives to close the gaps between current and future-state architectures
• Work with the infrastructure engineering teams to evolve and mature corporate/enterprise IT infrastructure
• Ideal candidate will have 15+ years of experience in IT to include lead and senior roles including Infrastructure Consulting and application architecture experience
• Exceptional communication skills – able to speak to large audiences, top executives, business and technical leaders.
• Able to adapt vocabulary and style for each situation; able to represent complex ideas with effective documents and visuals and to adapt presentations to the expectations and background of the audience
• Extensive collaboration and stakeholder management skills - able to work effectively with others on common tasks; build rapport, gain support, instill confidence, take actions which respect the needs and contributions of others; find common ground; negotiate win-win solutions; and share credit with others; all while achieving the objectives of both the team and stakeholders
• Good knowledge of enterprise architecture frameworks, methods, and tools, network and security technologies
• Experience working on server hardware and virtualization technologies and cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Private, etc.)
• Sound knowledge of database server infrastructure technologies and high availability infrastructure designs and methodologies
• Experience in systems monitoring, capacity planning, performance tuning and application architecture.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, information systems or related discipline or demonstrated 15+ years' work experience.
• Current technical certifications preferred (CISSP, CBCP, Cisco, Red Hat, VMware, EMC, Microsoft, IBM etc.)
• Cloud Certifications
Job Location : New York, New York, United States || Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting : Mar 31 2021
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
Apply on company website