Brief Project Description:
Finance IT initiative to provide evidence of the quality and completeness of the data held within Finance. Work is underway to define business and data requirements and document interface specifications.
· Culture is fast-paced and demanding. IT Development teams and Business Stakeholders are located in Toronto US and London.
Must Have Skills:
1. Must have strong Capital Markets product knowledge including understanding of full trade lifecycle.
2. Understanding of ledger, sub ledger and positions data. This position requires hands-on interaction with the Capital Markets sub ledger and ledger.
3. Ability to drive requirements forward and lead discussions with multiple internal stakeholders including Product Control and IT Development teams.
4. Strong Problem Solving and Analytical Skills.
5. Advanced Data Analysis and Data Manipulation Skills.
6. Advanced knowledge of MS Office tools including Excel and Access.
7. Strong attention to detail and ability to generate high-quality product (low re-work/errors).
8. Self-starter with the ability to break down assignments and follow through with minimal guidance.
9. At least 8 years' experience working as a Business Analyst supporting the delivery of Finance Reporting solutions, with a minimum of 3 years' experience in a Data Analysis capacity.
10. Back Office Reporting experience (from a BA or line perspective).
11. Experience working on cross-business and technology data programs.
12. Proficient experience with Software Development LifeCycle process and IT terms and methods.
13. Ability to collaborate effectively with various business and technical teams, including offshore.
14. Strong time-management and organizational skills.
15. Strong written and verbal communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences.
· Elicit and capture high-level and detailed-level business requirements.
· Conduct workshops to facilitate requirements gathering and discovery.
· Analyze, translate and document Finance requirements into business and functional specifications for IT Development team.
· Construct data flow diagrams, business or system context diagrams.
· Work closely with stakeholders to assess the current and future states and perform gap analysis.
· Identify upstream and downstream dependencies.
· Develop effort estimates for analysis and requirements gathering including BRD and Interface specifications.
· Effectively communicate and build rapport with all team members and stakeholders, including London and Toronto Product Control teams and IT teams.
· Provide hands-on support during various cycles of testing including Functional Testing, Quality Assurance, Systems Integration Testing, and User Acceptance Testing.
· Actively contribute to process re-engineering and process improvement.
Undergraduate Degree in Business, Finance or Related discipline
CSC (Canadian Securities Course)
CMA/CGA/CPA - Professional Accounting designation
What program/technology/software knowledge is essential for this role and in what capacity will the successful candidate be using it:
Aptitude Accounting Hub
Advanced knowledge in using SQL to write queries
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Dec 10 2019
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Apply on company website